1000 Mile Club

Training or normal mileage? (Read 347 times)

This may have been asked before but I didn't see it. Are you currently training for anything right now that may have your miles where they are or are you running your normal miles? If you are training, what are you training for and how far along are you?
    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
      I am always training...that's waht keeps me motivated. Without the goal of a race in sight, it's too easy for me to put off a scheduled run when the weather is bad, or I'm reallly busy with other stuff. Right now I'm 4 weeks away from The Lost Dutchman Marathon on Feb. 18 near Phoenix.
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        Right now I'm struggling with not letting myself run. I have the worst shin pain and I'm worried they're about to be stress fracture because they hurt to touch and get worse as I warm up. Anyway I'm hoping if I take this week easy that I can start my plan next week like I'd like. 16 weeks to Green Bay half marathon. First timer! I'm hoping those extra miles will catch me up to the bleeping bunny. Big grin
        Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."
          I too am battling through some lingering shin splints but if all goes well, I'm hoping to have run six 5k races by the end of April. I've got one under my belt and another coming up in a little less than 2 weeks. Beyond that, I'm hoping to build up enough consistent mileage to make an attempt at the Columbus Marathon in October of this year (which would be my first ever marathon).
            I'm training for a half on Feb. 18, and hope to keep going after that to do 26.2 beginning of April. I had pretty poor motivation last year from about April on, so I'm trying to get my mileage back to a consistent level of at least 25 miles per week. Doing good so far!
            1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
              I'm training for the One America 500 Festival Mini Marathon in Indianapolis May 5th. Normally my weekly miles have been more than what I'm doing now but I'm training with a group and we're only on the second week of a 16 week training plan Teresa
                I ran the Green Bay Marathon last year (my profile pic is taken in Lambeau field- mile 25.5 or so). They do a great job with the whole weekend up there for the race. Good luck!!
                Right now I'm struggling with not letting myself run. I have the worst shin pain and I'm worried they're about to be stress fracture because they hurt to touch and get worse as I warm up. Anyway I'm hoping if I take this week easy that I can start my plan next week like I'd like. 16 weeks to Green Bay half marathon. First timer! I'm hoping those extra miles will catch me up to the bleeping bunny. Big grin
                http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                RunningHammer

I'm training for a 10k in just under 2 weeks, and aiming for a new PR of under 47:00. After that i will be trundling along on a long program aiming for a 10miler in the Great South Run in October and a goal PR of under 1:10:00 ... that's a tall order though, probably bit off more than i can chew there so i'd be happy with anything under 1:15:00
                  bas

I just did two races in two weeks.... The next one will be on Feb 11 - my first 30K. A good reason to keep an eye on the pace bunny! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Gig

I've dedicated this year to (relative) speed. I have a Valentines Day 5K coming up and I'm hoping to it in around 25:30. My goal for the year is to do a 5K averaging 8 Ball minute miles.