1000 Mile Club

ready for 2008 (Read 586 times)

twoodcc

i'm ready for 2008, and looking forward to hitting the 1,000 mark. i have my last track season in college, so you'll have to keep me motivated after track Wink
    Gig

It's going to be a great year for running.
        I really need to avoid injury in 2008...... I've been sidelined for almost 2 weeks now! I will stay injury free!
        twoodcc

I really need to avoid injury in 2008...... I've been sidelined for almost 2 weeks now! I will stay injury free!
          i've got to work on staying healthy also
          Gig

But without injuries, I've got nothing to run through. Clowning around I plan to take the first two weeks really, really easy. Maybe more. I've got a knee and a hammy. I almost saw a doctor about the knee, but I was afraid he'd tell me to stop running before I got to 1,000. Cry 2008 will be about breaking some modest PRs and about staying healthy.
              Man, I know how you feel. I injured my foot after a race on Nov. 3rd and had the same injury three months before that. I was going crazy for a while there, I thought it would never heal. After a month and a half I'm just starting to regain confidence. Did my first 5 miler today since getting injured. I could feel it towards the end of the run but I hung in there. I really need to stay injury free in order to break 1000 in 2008!
              Carl A

I've rejoined for the new year. Can't wait to start over at zero! Clowning around

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

IMSIRunner

I cant wait to just start for the 1000 for the first time
                  5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
                    I'll be back in 2008 and hopefully much closer to 1000 miles than this year. Holy cow! 2007 was an injury-laden year for me. Hopefully 2008 will be much better.

Dog-Love

I'll be back in 2008 and hopefully much closer to 1000 miles than this year. Holy cow! 2007 was an injury-laden year for me. Hopefully 2008 will be much better.
                      Hope 2008 is better for you too. Injuries are the worst!
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

geekfarm@centurytel.net

This will be my first time in any group, will everyone start over at 0 miles on the first of January? I would like a shot at that first page glory.

Dog-Love

This will be my first time in any group, will everyone start over at 0 miles on the first of January? I would like a shot at that first page glory.
                          Yup...Eric will reset to group to zero starting on the 1st. I plan to run on new years day just to get some numbers on the board
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

geekfarm@centurytel.net

sneaky Surprised I'll have to do the same, it may be my only time on page one. I'll make that an early morning run just to be safe.

Queen of 3rd Place

OK, never joined a mileage group, but just looked at my plan for 08 and it comes out to just over 1,100! It's gonna be close! Arla

Ex runner

Hello all, I'm new to Runningahead. Yep you guessed it I jumped off the CR/Active ship and thought I would find something better. I have been reading and lucking here and decided I needed a new goal for 2008. I managed to make just over 600miles this year and I am going to make 1000 this coming year with help from all of you. I have been running for about 4 years and ran my first 1/2 marathon this year. I am looking forward to my new goal and getting to know you all much better. Corrina