1000 Mile Club

Can we put the Bunny on page 4 please? (Read 747 times)

sluggo

John

After losing almost a month for illness and injury, I passed the bunny early last week! Then life took over and I am 10 mi behind again. With luck I will catch him next week.

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

We can do it!! He's so close to page 4...come on people!! Let's kick that bunny to the next page.
        I knew as soon as I hit "Enter", I'd pay for that post above. I knew it. I'm catching something..a cold?..sore throat, the whole works. My kids are sick and I was up all night. I'm now having horrific visions of fluffy bunny butt in my face. ::shudders:: From now on, I'm secretly planning my strategy and not giving the bunny any notification. Grr. Grumble.
          No...no...no...no.......You will be fine. The bunny isn't going to be able to put you away. You may get a little too close to her, but you will soon be feeling fine again and putting some distance between there. We are CLOSE to getting her on page 4........GO RUNNERS. I think with long runs over the weekend, we have a shot.
          Vista
            No...no...no...no.......You will be fine.
            Actually, vista, I think you're right! Felt pretty good today- better than I was! I'm not jinxing myself and declaring victory yet though! Thanks! Big grin Teresa, CONGRATS on making it to page 2!!!! You're my hero. But now what do I do? I can't see over that darned wall, ya know. Guess I'll just have to "pick on" somebunny else! Big grin
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Joni! I don't think I will be there long, but it's nice for an instant! I'm really trying to figure out how to get enough mileage in next week, when I'm in Texas. I'm even thinking of running early Tuesday morning, before I leave at 8 am for the airport. This bunny hunt is addicting! I'm glad you're feeling better - hope that trend continues! Teresa
                I'm really trying to figure out how to get enough mileage in next week, when I'm in Texas.
                Thanks Teresa! I know you're semi-frazzled preparing for the trip (as it usually goes getting ready for a trip!), so I sure hope that you can get your running in!! Have you got any places you think would be good for running there?
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks Teresa! I know you're semi-frazzled preparing for the trip (as it usually goes getting ready for a trip!), so I sure hope that you can get your running in!! Have you got any places you think would be good for running there?
                  Well, my parents' neighborhood is very hilly (Austin is on the edge of the Hill Country, where Lance Armstrong trains), so that will be good. Then there is a beautiful Hike & Bike Trail that runs next to the river that goes through the city (it's called Lady Bird Lake after Mrs. Johnson, but "Lake"??). Near the trail is Barton Springs, a 1000-foot long spring fed pool that stays at 68 degrees all year, so I'm thinking my running partner and I will hit that for sure after a long run! So I'm sure there are good places, it's just finding the time. I have a lot of TexMex and barbeque to eat, after all! Big grin
                    Well, my parents' neighborhood is very hilly (Austin is on the edge of the Hill Country, where Lance Armstrong trains), so that will be good. Then there is a beautiful Hike & Bike Trail that runs next to the river that goes through the city (it's called Lady Bird Lake after Mrs. Johnson, but "Lake"??). Near the trail is Barton Springs, a 1000-foot long spring fed pool that stays at 68 degrees all year, so I'm thinking my running partner and I will hit that for sure after a long run! So I'm sure there are good places, it's just finding the time. I have a lot of TexMex and barbeque to eat, after all! Big grin
                    It all sounds wonderful!! I'll cross my fingers that you can find time to enjoy them. Smile
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Joni! PS. Can you tell I'm having a hard time concentrating? Not getting much work done.
                        PS. Can you tell I'm having a hard time concentrating? Not getting much work done.
                        Well ya know RA is a priority! Wink Big grin
                        sluggo

John

Wow! I've finally gotten a lead on this persistent bunny and I think I can hold it for a while! I am also seeing that there are only 3 people under the bunny on page 3! Can some of you, who are close, pass the little guy this week? For those of you who are NOT close - the weather is getting to be warmer - time to add your miles!

John
                          www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Gig

I'm 25 miles behind. Last year at this time, I was about 170 miles behind, so I'm doing much better, but still I feel bad. I need to help put that bunny in her place. Angry
                              I am working on it. Hoping with a long run this weekend I can move past the fur ball!

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October

Gig and Lee........you both are doing fine. The cotton tail is just up ahead of you. Keep the priniciple of "a little bit" in front of you. By that I mean.....run enough to keep pace with the bunny and then run "just a little bit" more each time. In no time you will be passing the little rascal. I seldom run more than 3 1/2 miles in any day, but I consistently try to do that amount each day and it is working. Good job EVERYONE. This is the lowest we have had the bunny on the 3rd page. With the commitment of so many, I expect to soon see hopping going on only on page 4.
                                Vista