1000 Mile Club

Officially leaving the 1000 mile club (Read 335 times)

Now that was a bath...

I am unable to run still. An attempt at running again proved that my injury is far from healed. I am awaiting a bone scan and will continue with physio in the meanwhile. I want to step down from this group as on my return I don't want any pressure to prematurely pump up the miles. By the time I am running again I will have lost between 3 and 6 months of the year on the bench. I would be mad to try to catch the bunny! For the rest of this year I am going to try to build a base purely by listening to my body. The only race that I will attempt is the Tough Guy race in August which I will do purely for fun not speed. At least that's the plan. I bet I am crap at sticking to it! Good luck to the rest of you and i'll be back next year. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      We'll miss you - and i respect your decision to set yourself up for success. Hope to see you in some of the other groups and hear your tale of health!!
      Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4

madness baby

We'll miss you - and i respect your decision to set yourself up for success. Hope to see you in some of the other groups and hear your tale of health!!
        I agree. It sounds like a good plan to not chase the d@*$ bunny. I hope you heal quickly and can have that self-discipline to stick to the plan. Don;t push yourself, and we'll see you here soon enough. Enjoy your easy training for the tough guy! Smile
        deb
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a feeling those of us here on RA at this very moment will be here for years to come (at least I don't plan to go anywhere anytime soon). Maybe in the next year or so some of us will even be on that 2k mile board (well, I'm there now, but only for shits-n-giggles), too! Take care of yourself, Claire. The better you do with that, the harder you can kick that damned bunny's ass! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I bet it hasn't been easy to make that decision but it seems like this is the wise course of action. Heal first, then chase whatever bunnies you decide to catch. Hope you'll keep posting to other groups though. Ewa
            I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
              Wishing you a fast & strong healing. From what I seen on the RA so far, I have full faith that you'll be back. You have tons of determination! Smile

Michelle