1000 Mile Club

Another new member... (Read 258 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Hi all - Just joined RA a week or two ago, and this group today. Sorry to any of you that I bumped down on the list in that process Smile, but 1000 miles this year fits just about perfectly with my training and racing goals for this year (see my signature list), and I'm the type that needs goals for motivation. I feel worse about skipping a run if I know it also means I'm falling behind on a milestone I've set for myself, than I do if I don't have an endpoint to strive for. I know it's all a mental game, but it works for me. So, hopefully y'all don't mind seeing me on the list as well (especially since I'll be behind most or all of of you for most of the year). I don't anticipate overtaking that pink pacer until late December, but I WILL finish the year ahead of him. Michael
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, Michael! The bunny sure helps motivate me on those days I don't feel like running! I also don't want to fall off page two since I worked so hard to get there!
      Gig

Welcome! I'll look forward to seeing you catch the bunny in the coming months . I'll be cheering for you as you move up from page to page (and I'll even cheer if/when you pass me, I suppose).
          Good luck, Michael! The bunny sure helps motivate me on those days I don't feel like running! I also don't want to fall off page two since I worked so hard to get there!
          It is funny how the stupid bunny motivates you. I'm about to go out for a run at lunch time, and I was gonna do 5 miles but noticed I was 5.5 behind the bunny, so now I have to do 6. I was over 30 miles ahead of him at one point. Apparently the bunny doesn't have much of a life...definitely no wife/kids/job to interfere with his daily miles. Welcome to the group, mgerwien.
          TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Good to have you Michael. Consistancy is the key and it sounds like you will be that. Good luck with your goals!
            Find the fun.
            C-R

Welcome Micheal and be vewy vewy qwiet as we all here huntin that waskly wabbit. Clowning around

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dog-Love

Hi Michael. Hope you enjoy the group. That bunny is great incentive to keep on running. MTA: Gig is also great incentive to keep running...I noticed he is getting closer to pinching the bunny's tail
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Welcome.........you will enjoy the chase. You still have a good chance of making 1,000 miles in 2008. The magic number to average for you at this stage in the year is 3.87 miles a day. Good luck with your goal.
                  Vista
                  mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Thanks all! Looking forward to it. 3.87 / day, huh? I guess at that rate given my plan for the year I'm going to keep losing ground on him until mid July. After that, though, he'd better start checking his 6. Hey, are bows & arrows legal in this rabbit hunt? Michael * Edit * - Just realized my stupid math error - bunny runs at 2.74 miles /day, so i will be gaining on him no matter what, as long as I run more than that. 3.87 / day is what I need to average to stay ahead, assuming bunny and I both started at zero.
                      Yep.....you got it.......2.74 miles is the average for the whole 365 days. The 3.87 is what you need to average at this stage with 252 days left and starting at your present mileage to be at the 1,000 mile mark at the end of the year. It is very do-able. I got behind last year and had to average 4.44 miles over the last 3-4 months of the year to get there. I did it with 7 days to spare. Good luck.
                      Vista

Lia's Daddy

Yeah that bunny got a good jump on me. I didn't run for most of Jan. and Feb.However, I am determined to meet my goal. I may actually catch that thing by the end of the weekend. Wo knew that a pink bunny on a message board could become a primary motivator in my life. Surprised
                        "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen