1000 Mile Club

First one to run next year (Read 635 times)

How about this as a challenge? Who will be the first one running in 2007? It would have to be local time to be fair to everybody. - R
      I wonder what would my family say to a midnight run. I think I know the answer already. Now that would be something if at the strike of midnight I put my running shoes on and left for a run. Tempting... Ewa
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, Ewa, that's a fun idea! I'm still contemplating a 6 mile race, but that wouldn't be until 11am, local time. It doesn't even get light here until about 8am, LOL! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

We have a New Years Resolution Run at 9:00 am. I will be there. I won't be running at midnight so you may have that honor Ewa
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            That sounds so fun! That would make the start of the year very memorable.
            Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."

Now that was a bath...

New Zealand gets New Year between 16 - 22 hours ahead of America and about 11 hours ahead of England. We are first in the World to see the light dawn on each new day. On that basis and assuming my knee lets me - I vote for me, lol. Of course if I have to play fair like you say and simply log the time I run on 1/1/07 then I am probably out as I don't fancy running Papatoetoe at midnight. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                That's why I said local time. Big grin - R
                  I love the idea - way to get us all psyched up!!!
                  Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                  bas

I'm still contemplating a 6 mile race
                    What?! You still haven't registered??? Come on, you'll be the first of us all to do a race, time zones or no time zones! Big grin bas modified to add a very important exclamation mark

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What?! You still haven't registered??? Come on, you'll be the first of us all to do a race, time zones or no time zones! Big grin
                      I had been holding off on registering, as I've had this weird "injury" to my left lower leg--pains that kept moving around my knee, achilles tendon, and side of my calf. But today I ran 9+ miles and at the fastest pace in about the past month or so, so I think my owchie might have finally resolved itself. I'm going to see if my run the day after Christmas still goes well and if it does, then I will register. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...today's run was sorta meh. Not sure I want to do that race. My left leg pains (mostly knee and achilles) have returned and they brought shin splints and right foot numbness with for fun. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, I don't think I will be the first one to run...looks like I won't be running on NYD at all. Hubby is going to do a NYD bike ride with friends and it gets dark so early here that I won't be able to get a run in when he gets back, most likely. And I have a feeling that we won't get home from Eryn/backroadrunner's until 2 or 3 AM (she lives 90 minutes away), so I know I won't be up for a run before he leaves at 1pm. Maybe we need an award for biggest slacker of the first week! That pace bunny might stay ahead of me for at least the first week.... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

bas

That's too bad... Hope it turns into a benefit so the forced rest makes you leg trouble go away! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bas, that's kind of what I've been thinking, too. I was considering running tomorrow, but it's supposed to be cold (low 40s), windy, and rainy...so I think I might just take advantage of 3 rest days that will hopefully get my stupid left leg back in good order. I might do some strength training, instead, since I am suspicious that part of my issues could be due to weak support muscles. k

~ Sarah Kay

I am contemplating running tonight at midnight. However, it might be too tight. I am coming back from vacation and my plane is arriving at the airport at 11 pm. I might be able to squeeze the midnight run if all goes well: my plane is not late, there is no long line up at the customs, etc. I would have to unpack my running stuff from my suitcase and start running right when I get home Smile - R