1000 Mile Club

I'm like way behind the bunny!!! (Read 745 times)

Lu481

Hi all...

I've been out for the past couple months due to an injury...  I just started back up today with an easy 2 mile run and it went good...  I'll have to take it easy for the next little while so I don't re-injure it.... 

When I logged my run, I noticed I'm about 145 miles behind...  Wow, that's alot...  And only 6 months to catch up...

That's an extra 24 miles per month that I have to run...  I hope I can do it...

Lu

Good Luck! Be careful!

Training for a Spring Marathon put me way ahead of the bunny. Now I'm right there with him. Time to step it up.

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October

Hi all...

I've been out for the past couple months due to an injury...  I just started back up today with an easy 2 mile run and it went good...  I'll have to take it easy for the next little while so I don't re-injure it.... 

When I logged my run, I noticed I'm about 145 miles behind...  Wow, that's alot...  And only 6 months to catch up...

That's an extra 24 miles per month that I have to run...  I hope I can do it...

Lu

I'm behind also.   Not sure I'll ever be able to make it up.  I was really not running at all for 2 months either.   That's why you need to get as far ahead as possible, in case you get an injury.  But, don't let that cause your injury!!!!

- Anya

I'm behind, in part because I didn't log my mileage in January and then got a slow start but I should just catch the bunny in early December.  Just time to fix some nice rabbit stew.
          USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
          shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

I am still ahead for now...but I am sidelined by metatarsal injury probably due to overtraining  [i.e., dumb ass injury]. Last time it took 6 weeks before I could begin to run.  Going into 3rd week now and still having issues so suspect this time may take longer or injury more severe.  Or maybe just down due to not running.    

I banked a lot of miles prior to injury but looks like the "bunny" will pass me in a week or two.  So I will be joining you all in catching up.  We have about 5 months to finish...remember the tortoise and the hare.  For me, I plan on doing cross-training until I can run the "varmit" to ground.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Lu481

Joe,

I hope you heal really fast...  I was way ahead of the bunny before I got hurt...  I've finally built my mileage back up to about 20 miles a week and will attempt to increase it a little more, while still trying to take it easy...  I figure I have to average about 120 miles a month for the next 5 months to catch back up...  Hopefully I'll be able to do it..

How is everyone else doing?

Lu

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Lu.  Healing well but still a little swelling but practically no discomfort or pain.  A little PF at night when I get up after sitting or sleeping in the morning.  But only first couple of steps. 

And its official the "varmit" passed me today and I have at least 2 weeks downtime.  Especially since MRI this week confirmed I have metatarsal stress fracture.  Just don't know how many or how bad.  Doc appt next week to go over results in detail. 

Do you think the varmit will fall asleep one day like in the tortoise and the hare?  Or has anyone see Elmer Fudd around?

Good running everyone. 

Joe Suder

Lu481

Owwww...  A stress fracture is not good...  I wonder if pink rabbits ever get injured...

May you heal quickly...

Lu

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Owwww...  A stress fracture is not good...  I wonder if pink rabbits ever get injured...

May you heal quickly...

Lu

Thanks Lu.  Underestimated healing time though; Dr. after review of MRI indicates 4 more weeks.  Doing a lot of bicyling instead of running these days.  But come September I should be adding miles again.  Not sure at this point if I will be able to pass the varmit. 

Joe Suder