1000 Mile Club

Just for your information (Read 491 times)

Dog-Love

About every couple of months I go through and clean up the member list and kick out folks who haven't checked in for over 2 months. That might explain why you might make a big jump up your page. Running will also do that but ...And just for your information, if you reach 1000 miles you are supposed to leave the group so that others can enjoy the first page glory. Thats all fine and good unless you really like the forums here and want to stay. Just let me know. But I notice some of you mileage folks are getting wway up there in mileage. And that's great! But when you get that 1000 mile goal...I will give you the boot after a week or so at the top.
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    Gig

My 2009 goal is to get kicked out of this group. Maybe it'll happen this year, but I've got some work to do to get to that point. MTA: Hey Crabby, if you stay on pace, you'll be kicking yourself out in the Fall. Tongue

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I am sure that there would be an easy way to add a "Finishers" category that would move people from the top of the mileage page. For instance, just a list to the right of the finish line of those who have finished the "race".

Dog-Love

I'll ask Eric in case he is not eavesdropping right now. That's a great idea. I kind of like the folks in this group and I moved to the 1200 mile group and I haven't quite got into the habit of checking in. Gig...I expect to be running side by side in the fall. You are getting fast even though your profile says you aren't. Sub 8s on the 5K YIKES...you are on fire. Anyway we are all doing just fine
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Jill_B

I fly.

I hope to get kicked out someday... ah, dreams.

Bring it on.

Dog-Love

MTA: Hey Crabby, if you stay on pace, you'll be kicking yourself out in the Fall. Tongue
              I went and signed up for the Victoria marathon so I bet I will get the miles in by Fall. I have been feeling really great these days. Plus my 12 year old is into track and running so its easier now that kids are older to get out fdor a run. I like the idea of a finishers column without hving to be kicked out of the group. I kinda like y'all.
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, Crabby! Yep, isn't it great when the kiddos get older? I feel like I have a life again.
                  Yay to getting kicked off the pages! I'm hoping to do that before November hits. I'm expecting some 40-50 mile weeks early this fall for marathon training! I have to say that this group has been such a huge inspiration for me! Thanks to everyone on here for keeping me going!
                  Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

skinnycaponesugar

I was feeling pretty good since I'm near the top of page 6, when I realised Page 7 is gone... Shocked my goal is to make it into page 5 within the next 3 or 4 months and eventually get kicked out, it'll take a couple of years but I'll get there. I love these groups where you join and do your best to get kicked out Cool

Love, Run, Sleep

Dog-Love

What a great attitude! When I joined this group a couple of years ago...I barely made the 1000 miles but watching my name move up was a huge incentive. Plus all the great encouragement. I will pass the torch of this group to whomever wants it as admin as soon as I reach 1000...I wann get the boot!
                      higa

hey crabby good point. i'll be struggling soon enough, my marahon taper starts in a week and i can't wait. After that i'll soon drop off to page 2, oops no page three, hang on make that page 4. I'm going to take a break after June 1st but ont sure for how long. Maybe i'll take a break til i think that bunny is getting too damn close.
                          About every couple of months I go through and clean up the member list and kick out folks who haven't checked in for over 2 months.
                          By "check in," do you mean log the miles, or post to the message board?? I don't post much, but am addicted to monitoring the list and making sure I'm ahead of the bunny! If I need to post more, in order to stay with this group, I'll do it! Smile Thanks so much for maintaining this group!

Dog-Love

Nope you don't have to post...If you check in, I can tell. That means checking in in this specific gropu. I can't tell when you log your miles, but I know if you have checked in with the 1000 mile group. Just entering the group is a sign that you still have interest in this group