1000 Mile Club

Dammit, that bunny is gaining on me! (Read 389 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And it won't be until Weds. at the earliest before the temps are high enough to not have windchills significantly below 0. I have a feeling school will be cancelled for my son tomorrow, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

derek

I was just commenting to my wife this weekend that after seeing the weather up in the mid-west, I'm glad we didn't decide to move to Wisconsin. Last year we had the opportunity to move anywhere in the US and Wisconsin was among our top choices. We eventually decided to move to north TX and I'm glad we did. While we still get to experience winter, the coldest I've had to deal with was running in about 28F and windy. If I were living in Wisconsin, I probably wouldn't be a runner. I amazed when I read about the kind of weather some of you all have to run in (and do run in). I thought I was dedicated when I go running in sub-freezing, but you all take it to a whole new level!!

Derek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

North TX is a really nice part of the country--I think I would enjoy living there. I grew up in WI and now live on the other side of Lake MI. I loved cold and snow as a kid, but the further away I get from 30, the more I am less than enamored of this stuff. Once it gets much below freezing I become pretty unhappy. I think it wouldn't be so bad if we didn't get so much cloud-cover to go with the cold. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ack, and my hubby just e-mailed me to tell me that he thinks he is coming down with a cold...which means I have probably a 50/50 chance of catching it, too. Methinks March is going to be a month of making up for a crummy Feb. in terms of mileage. Luckily the weather should start to gradually warm-up a little in the coming weeks. k

~ Sarah Kay

Montana is the place to run, guys. Big Sky country owns anywhere else. We broke eighteen degrees this weekend, and the snows have stopped. Nothing better than up here. The only thing better is MT by night. Yes, i run at night. it's great actually, except for when the coyotes are out. but that makes you run faster anyway, which is what we want, right? Coyotes eat bunnies, and i think they prefer pace bunnies...
              I just checked the bunny too - skip one long run and see what happens????? Grrr...and it's not even weather-related (84 degrees today in so. cal.) but stupid SOCCER GAME that got me...I have learned that I can not just "play for fun" and expect to be able to run the next day. Or walk for that matter....I am just not a kid anymore Cry
              1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
              bas

I'm over 20 kilometers behind the bunny and I can't even blame the weather. My left calf feels tense and I am forcing myself to rest. Sunday will/would be the first time I trie(d) a 30 km race, but I am not sure if I will make it. Meanwhile the bunny runs on... bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

I got off to a slow start in January but, I'm very gradually making progress against the rodent. I was on page 5 two weeks ago, now I'm working my way up page 3. Slow & steady, slow and steady...
                    I know what you mean. I had was so sick early in January that I ended up taking a whole week off from running. When I came back I was still so weak that I cut my mileage way back. But that bunny's in my sites. :-) After my run today I will have *finally* caught up and with my 12 mile run on Saturday and my 28 scheduled miles next week, I should be pulling ahead of him for good! Big grin Teresa
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He's probably going to be ahead of me for a little while tomorrow, but tomorrow PM and Sat. I plan to run...and hopefully a long run on Monday. AND the forecast is for "warmer" (ie above 0) weather next week! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The fuzzy bastard is .3 of a mile ahead of me...rats! I will be regaining my position ahead of the inflated rodent in a couple of hours...mark my words! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay