1000 Mile Club

Congrats to Stephen (val123) on crossing 500 miles! (Read 419 times)

derek

I've been following your progress since you're on the same weight loss journey as me and also because I have to keep looking behind me as you seem to be closing the mileage gap between us :-). Congratulations on crossing the 500-mile mark with today's run! You're quite the consistent runner. When one looks at your log, it all mostly 6-mile runs. Keep it up!

Derek

va

Thanks Derek! Big grin My drive to drop my weight and prepare for my marathon is very strong, and the miles keep getting easier. This really is a tortoise-and-the-hare thing - slow and steady wins the race. P.S. Check out thel horse race going on for the 6th thru 10th spot. I was surprised to see myself in the 6th position this morning, but we’re all within about 10 miles of each other.
        Nice going va123! I'm trying to beat down the hordes that are nipping at my heels from page 2....The good news is that I picked out a Half Marathon for September 2 and hopefully my motivation will kick in soon. Even if I drop to page 2, the bunny is going down!

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

va

Nice going va123! I'm trying to beat down the hordes that are nipping at my heels from page 2....The good news is that I picked out a Half Marathon for September 2 and hopefully my motivation will kick in soon. Even if I drop to page 2, the bunny is going down!
          Thanks! Which half are you running? Is it the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Virginia Beach?
            Nice work, va123. I've got a bit of work to catch up. I see you're running on Asics Gel Nimbus VIII. What do you think? I am on my second pair of these and love them, but they've gotten mixed reviews. A bit pricey though...
            va

Thanks Dave! I really like the Gel Nimbus VIII too. They are very comfortable. I am on my second pair as well. My first pair were on the snug side, and I started developing a corn/callus on the outside of one of my pinky toes. When I ordered my second pair, I ordered up a 1/2 size, so now it doesn't bother me as much. Btw, the web site I bought these from, efootwear.com, said the ASICs run small, and recommended ordering up a half size, but I didn't listen to them the first time. I mentioned efootwear.com in a thread a few months ago, for they have good prices. I paid $89.99 for the first pari, and $92,99 for the second (MSRP=$120). Shipping is around $8.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I never knew your name was Stephen! WTG on the mileage! I see TacoJoe just hit 500 and DaddyO is right on the cusp. Good work, guys! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks, zoom zoom! Smile
                  derek

Hey, I never knew your name was Stephen!
                    I didn't know either until I looked at his profile :-)

Derek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I didn't know either until I looked at his profile :-)
                      It never used to be in his profile, either. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Stephen - that is a deal! In Canada, they retail for <gulp> $179.99 before taxes, which in Ontario are <gulp> 14%! I will be looking into efootwear.com for sure. I'll be down in SC in July and will scout the running shops on Hilton Head Island and surrounding area. </gulp></gulp>
                        va

Stephen - that is a deal! In Canada, they retail for
                          Hey Dave, I doubt you'll get that price in a running store, anywhere. efootwear ships to Canada...
                            Va123, Running this if my work schedule cooperates: 22nd Nike Budapest International Halfmarathon - 02. September (Been working in Bucharest, Romania since Jan 06) Steve

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

va

Va123, Running this if my work schedule cooperates: 22nd Nike Budapest International Halfmarathon - 02. September (Been working in Bucharest, Romania since Jan 06) Steve
                              Ahhh, I saw from your profile you are from South Carolina. I thought you might be back in the states.

Go Pre!

WTG on the mileage! I see TacoJoe just hit 500 and DaddyO is right on the cusp. Good work, guys!
                                It just occured to me I had crossed the 500 mile mark. I have my setiings on Metric so I see everything in KMs. Since I didn;t get to celebrate this at the time I was running it..I am celebrating now! Smile Dave