1000 Mile Club

Congrats Gig!! (Read 317 times)

Dave

Big congratulations to Gig on finishing his 1K. Right behind you, brother. I'll finish at Mile 10 of the USMC on Sunday Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Gig

Thanks, and congrats to you, too. Two huge accomplishments on the same day. How'd the MCM go?

Top 'O the World!

Congrats to you both!! Smile
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Dave

Thanks, and congrats to you, too. Two huge accomplishments on the same day. How'd the MCM go?
          I posted my RR in the main forum. Short story: 3:39:23, 36 minute PR, had to slow down at mile 25 but was strong until then.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dog-Love

And its not even November!!! Good job Gig and I guess you are going for 1200 miles this year?
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Gig

I officially set out for 1,100 this year, but I'll probably pass 1,200 if I stay healthy. That's starting to seem a little bit less likely, though. I only have 300 miles on my shoes, but my right ankle and hammy are buggy, so I'm hoping a new pair of distance shoes will fix that. It worked last time I was feeling this way. Even with the right leg issues, I feel great. I've been following the FIRST program, adding in some bonus runs only when friends entice me into them. It seemed like the program absolutely forbade that, but I have beautiful friends. It does the reputation good to be seen with them. Big grin I've got a marathon coming up on November 22. I think my plan will be to buy the new shoes on Saturday, do my 20 mile run on Sunday, and begin my taper. Basically, I'm going to stick to the program. I thought about taking off this weekend to see if I can heal a bit, but If I buy new shoes, I'll want to get used to them. I'm just rambling right now. Here's my confession. I ran 8 miles last night, but I only logged it as 5.5 so I could see myself on top of the leaderboard. I'll correct it tonight after my DD Sofia sees it. You have no idea how excited she'll be. Then I suppose I'll join the 1,500 club because there doesn't seem to be a "Somewhere in the Ether between 1,000 and 1,500 Mile Club". Keep running. It's fun! Wink
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Gig, there's the 2000k club! 1,243 miles. I was hoping for that, but my injury slowed me down too much. I'll shoot for that in 2009.
                Gig

Well then, I think that's where I need to be! Sign me up! (Well, I guess I'll sign myself up.) Thanks! Big grin
                  Gig

New avatar, for a short time only. Sofia was as thrilled as expected. Now it's time to say goodbye, at least to the leaderboard. (I'll still hang out here, of course.)