1000 Mile Club

Okay, how exactly.... (Read 550 times)

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

...does the pace bunny move? Does he slowly keep moving all the time OR does he just quickly complete his daily amount and then stop for the day? I checked on him once yesterday and I was ahead and then when I wasn't looking he snuck by me. I was sure that I had him for at least one day, but then no, I was wrong. Can anyone clarify his movement? It would help me out considerably. Thanks, Jilly
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
      I was wondering the same thing too. What increments does the little guy hop?

Master of Inconsistency

I think he goes 2.75 miles a day or there about Edited to add : I tried to do the math but it doesn't add up to where the bunny is . So I have no idea anymore Undecided

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

I think he goes 2.75 miles a day or there about Edited to add : I tried to do the math but it doesn't add up to where the bunny is . So I have no idea anymore Undecided
          Big grin I tried the same thing..of course, I'm no math whiz. So far the fuzzbutt has gone 9.7 miles, divided by 4 days is 2.425 mi/day. But then if I multiply that by 365, I only get 885.125 miles. Hmm. Wait. 2.75 works x 365...it's 1003.75, so you're about on the money GregL! Maybe it's an average then? Does he go faster when he's had a lot of sleep and slower when he hasn't? Big grin
          pandajenn19

I show he's at 9.6 right now, and right now is approximately 84 hours into the New Year. 1000/365/24 = .11415525 miles per hour. Times 84 hours equals 9.589. So, I would guess that he travels bit by bit all day long. MTA I'm on central time, so perhaps he is 9.6 for me but 9.7 on eastern time?
              I show he's at 9.6 right now, and right now is approximately 84 hours into the New Year. 1000/365/24 = .11415525 miles per hour. Times 84 hours equals 9.589. So, I would guess that he travels bit by bit all day long. MTA I'm on central time, so perhaps he is 9.6 for me but 9.7 on eastern time?
              Yay! The prize goes to pandajenn19! And makes sense that the discrepency is due to our locations; can't think of what else it would be. We'll give you a holler for any other bunny related mysteries....thanks! Smile
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I just went through the same thought process on the 100-km chart. Of course, there are 366 days this year! Teresa
                pandajenn19

Good point, I forgot it was a leap year. But, the extra 24 hours isn't enough to throw off the math too much. And, at 1:00 the pace bunny moved from 9.6 to 9.7 for me, so I believe that substantiates the theory. Yeah math. Tongue
                  Kenotic Runner

I have a sneaking suspicion that the little bugger isn't even running!!!
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

I have a sneaking suspicion that the little bugger isn't even running!!!
                      I never knew there were so many statistics involved with running. Maybe that's why I like it so much! A question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire today was, "Which is the only month in 2008 which will start and end on the same day of the week?" The contestant was clueless. She ended up guessing (1 out of 4 chance), and got it right somehow. What are they teaching in school these days, lol?
                      JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Edited to add : I tried to do the math but it doesn't add up to where the bunny is . So I have no idea anymore Undecided
                        That's what I did too and then he got by me.....so I don't know how it works... It's way creepier knowing that the little guy never stops, than it would be if ever day he just hopped a certain amount at a certain time. I guess I should just go run a long one and put a lot of distance between us. But, I am not ready for that yet......
                        Kenotic Runner

It's way creepier know that the little guy never stops...
                          JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Ewww.....the picture is taunting and the missed -ing both yucky! Wink
                              It's way creepier knowing that the little guy never stops, than it would be if ever day he just hopped a certain amount at a certain time.
                              I agree! Nothing like a little extra pressure, right? Tongue GregL, I just realized you and I use the same icepacks! Cute! Although..I think I've had to move on to stir fry.
                                I bow down to PJ for figuring this out. And to Eric for actually putting the programming in so the bunny runs in your time zone! Gotta love RA Smile