1000 Mile Club

Quest for 1000 on hold (Read 313 times)

I'm gonna lay the smack down on that bunny as he passes me within the next week or so. I've been sidelined for the last 2 weeks with foot pain (caused by running far too fast on a treadmill). Unfortunately, a visit to the podiatrist today revealed that I have an avulsion fracture so I'm gonna be sidelined for at least another 3 weeks. At least I get to wear a stylish boot with air-pumps built into it! That bunny will get what's coming to him later this year! Mark my words!

Dog-Love

Come join us on "On the Bench" My surgery is tomorrow and then I have at least 4 weeks of down time. DANG
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      bas

My position is about the same. After an injury I am starting to run again, but nothing like the distance I need to get the bunny in my sights again. Maybe in the coming months I can sneak up on him, but for now I'm just trying to ignore him Smile bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Dog-Love

One time I got to a race 5 minutes late and it was the first time I got to pass people for a long time. That's how I look at the bunny. In about a month I am going to start picking folks off (kind of a mean thought but its the competitor in me)
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            In about a month I am going to start picking folks off (kind of a mean thought but its the competitor in me)
            Nothing mean about it. It's fun to compete. I too look at who's ahead of me & who's behind me. As for the Pace Bunny, it's best to take the long view. It's only March. Plenty of time left in '07. I got off to a slow start myself this year but, am starting to catch up. At my current rate I'll be lucky to pass the rabbit before the Summer but, pass him I will.

Dog-Love

Just the thought of summer is motivation enough to aim for the bunny. We got 10 inches of snow yesterday and I am defnately ready for spring! I'll plan on catching you in early December...watch your back!
                I'm almost ready to come off the of the bench. The doc said I was ready for brisk walking starting this weekend and might be able to run easy in a week or two. Big grin That said I wimped out on the brisk walk today. If there had been no wind today it woud have been fine, but 40 mph gust really took the wind chill down. Ugh! Tomorrow? I'm so ready to start bunny hunting! Hmmm, roasted, BBQ, boiled? Time to start planning!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble