1000 Mile Club

Ack! My life hs been so busy this last 2 weeks! (Read 376 times)

Cripes I can't believe how freakin busy my life has been. I haven't run in 3 days and that damn bunny is now almost 10 miles ahead of me. I have not had any time to run and I'm feeling it. Getting stressed and bitchy. I need to go for a run tomorrow. I hope I can carve out some time. If I don't get called in to work then I will have the time as long as I drag my lazy but out into the cold. I just can not stand to think of another 5 mile on the treadmill. Or maybe I can run after my Dr. appt. and get my DH to make dinner. Yeah like that will work Big grin Ok I think I am finished whining now. Corrina

Beatin' on the Rock

Oh, Corrina, I feel you! I had my first 20 mile week last week, and was happily looking forward to more, but SuperMom-duty calls; I have to be away all weekend at a tournament for the dd's vb. Her team will have an hour here and there where they aren't playing, (so I don't have to be watching Wink) and I'm going to try to get a run in then, but honestly, between not knowing the area, short time, and sitting around a cold gym in my sweaty clothes, it doesn't look like I'm going to get many miles in. I'm trying to look at it like one of those "scale-back" weeks I keep hearing about. Blush We'll catch that wascally wabbit again, Corrina, don't worry!
      Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

My bike is my therapist

I can sympathize with you. I'm only just now getting my running shoes warmed up and I'm already over 50 miles behind the bunny!! On a positive note, I'm making my way up page 7 on the totals. Big grin
        "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
        1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
        5000 Mile Club
        Half Marathon Trainers

Dog-Love

You're actually in a great place with the ability to pass folks each day. Better than being passed!
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Gig

Wow, Crabby. You're doing great. I was going to talk some smack about being the next to pass you, but you're way up there. I'll try to stay close, anyway.
              Thanks for the support guys! I was doing so well then smack-bang life has to up and interfere in my running. Oh well I may have missed this week and last but I still have most of the year to catch that fuzz butt. I plan on training for another 1/2 or 2 this summer so I will have many more miles logged by Sept. I just really wanted to stay ahead and log 20miles/ week but ..... Corrina

...---...

Thanks for the support guys! I was doing so well then smack-bang life has to up and interfere in my running.
                The bunny slows down later in the year...when the ice breaks..the clouds clear...when the flowers bloom. You'll pick it up and surpass...one mile at a time. it is your destiny!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

My bike is my therapist

You're actually in a great place with the ability to pass folks each day. Better than being passed!
                  Good point. Thats usually how I start races Big grin
                  "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
                  1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
                  5000 Mile Club
                  Half Marathon Trainers
                    I feel much better today as I managed to get in 5.5 miles. I had to use the treadmill due to the nasty condition of the roads here, fresh snow over glare ice. I was worried about the dirvers hitting me and the roads were very very slippery. I was starting to get irritated overthe small things and my level of stess was getting quite high. I feel much better! I'm sure my family thinks so too Big grin Going to try for at least 6 tomorrow. Hopefully the sand trucks will show up sometime tonight. Corrina

Dog-Love

Wow, Crabby. You're doing great. I was going to talk some smack about being the next to pass you, but you're way up there. I'll try to stay close, anyway.
                      Hey Gig...I am not that far ahead and actually I was gonna give you a bit of smack about a week ago about being 0.1 mile in front of the bunny. We have a whole year and I plan on being your carrot until you catch up. I thought I didn't want to run another marathon, but I am thinking of changing my mind...again I have a year to think about this.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                        Add me to the list! The darned bunny is laughing at me right now. Life got in the way (along with a grumpy ankle), so now it's catch up time! My son's still sick today, so not sure if I'll make it out today even. *sigh* It's nice to know I'm not the only one! The bunny is laughing now. But it won't last. Evil grin
                        Gig

I'm back at 0.1 miles ahead. I want that carrot, Crabby! That's a great point from Runner67 about the pace bunny slowing down later in the year. More daylight and nicer weather (and a lot less laundry) make for many more miles. I had less than 90 miles by the end of March last year. Then I poured it on when the weather got nice. (This year is different. I spent a lot of money on cold weather gear, so now I have to use it. But my best purchase came two weeks ago--and I LOVE my RA technical shirt!)
                            I spent a lot of money on cold weather gear, so now I have to use it. But my best purchase came two weeks ago--and I LOVE my RA technical shirt!)
                            I can completely relate to this! I made sure I had the right stuff to get me out the door this winter, and it wasn't exactly cheap, so I *have* to use it! Aren't the RA shirts nice too. Smile
                            JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I am grouchy about this week too. DH had knee surgery and DD was sick all week, so I was essentially a single parent playing nurse. Yikes, not very many miles in. I know that more will come later in the year, but I don't like to be too far behind as it gives me panic attacks! Undecided MTA I forgot to mention that it dumped 7 or so inches and I had to be the snow shoveling girl too.
                              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Dog-Love

(This year is different. I spent a lot of money on cold weather gear, so now I have to use it. But my best purchase came two weeks ago--and I LOVE my RA technical shirt!)
                                I am all about cold weather running but lately....1 degrees for the past couple of days? .....I hit the treadmill and loved it! Yes loved the fact that I could run 8.5 minute miles in shorts and my RA vest, sweat like a pig..and not spend the rest of the afternoon doing laundry. OK just venting, I'll be back outside this week with jacket over 2 layers plus the 2 layers on the legs and the shoes and the cleats running 11 minute miles on icy trails...sheesh I am ready for SPRING? BTW Gig...I joined the 1500 mile club just for the heck of it! And I am way behind the bunny there.