1000 Mile Club

Can we put the Bunny on page 4 please? (Read 747 times)

Got a long run in today and finally getting a little closer to the bunny. Got a 1/2 marathon trail race planned next Saturday so hopefully with a little weekday running and next weekends race I will be passing the bunny soon.
    bas

After a bad cold I lost sight of the bunny and found myself on page 4. The company is good there, but still I mean to get back before long. Smile This week I'm tapering for a 10K race on saturday. After that I hope to put in some more miles (kilometers in my case...) bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

sluggo

John

I am working on it. Hoping with a long run this weekend I can move past the fur ball!
        Lee - you are getting close - only a few miles back. You should be able to pass the bugger if youhold steady during the week and a nice long run over the w/e. Good luck!

John
        www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Thanks Sluggo!! After my lunch run, I am tied!!! (for the next few minutes Big grin) The weather is perfect here in Cincy. With 4 miles tomorrow and a couple easy or one long run this weekend I should pass the "Thing"

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October

Well, I have a ways to go to catch the bunny - I'm facing major motivation issues right now. But I'm working on it one mile at a time. Hope to catch him and be ahead of him for a little bit this year.
              Hey letchitsa.....thanks for posting. Motivation is something that we ALL face during the course of running and trying accomplish goals. Most goals are made with an optimistic attitude. Life meanwhile doesn't always work that way. Forget what has happened and now re-focus. Set small goals rather than worrying about catching the bunny. It may be to try and catch the person in front of you. Or it may be to see if you can run 2 days in a row with the average of 2.74 miles that is needed to get to 1,000 miles in a year. Whatever it takes.....KEEP RUNNING. There was a reason you set this goal that probably still is there. Trust me, I have had some periods of time when my running was not very much to talk about. My first year I ran 58 miles....total. I wanted to improve and did.....to 86 miles that year. So you can see, all of us face this struggle. Keep posting in here too. We will encourage you on to having the BEST running year of your life.
              Vista
                Oh man.......LOOOK at how low the pesky little rabbit is on page three. We have several runners who are right on the tail of the little girl. Good job ALL runners. You are looking strong and doing a great job on this goal. Steady and consistent will win the race. Thanks for your effort.
                Vista
                  We're doing so great!! Way to kick the bunny's butt everyone!

Top 'O the World!

YAY! I passed the bunny, I passed the bunny! WOO-HOO!
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Excellent!! Time to party!
                        YAY! I passed the bunny, I passed the bunny! WOO-HOO!
                        I noticed that!! Awesome! Eat dust, bunny.
                        sluggo

John

Warmer weather is here and you are all doing great! Looking just now, the bunny is only two positions from page 4! Yaaa!

John
                          www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Gig

Is it just me, or does it seem like the bunny is creeping up on the leaderboard? Not that I've done my part, yet (hopefully by this weekend), but let's put him in his place! Angry

Top 'O the World!

Hmmmm, & it seems that page 3 is a pretty "tight" pack...I keep leap frogging posistions......I've officially started a full marathon training program so I hope to put that derned rodent WELL behind me! Evil grin
                              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                                Hmmmm, & it seems that page 3 is a pretty "tight" pack...I keep leap frogging posistions......I've officially started a full marathon training program so I hope to put that derned rodent WELL behind me! Evil grin
                                that's great mtnchk. What marathon are you targeting?
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM