1000 Mile Club

Okay, how exactly.... (Read 550 times)

I bow down to PJ for figuring this out. And to Eric for actually putting the programming in so the bunny runs in your time zone! Gotta love RA Smile
    So, if you are getting close to the new year and haven't made your goal, then you can just keep moving your time zone back until you hit the date line in an effort to gain a few extra hours for a run?

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I show he's at 9.6 right now, and right now is approximately 84 hours into the New Year. 1000/365/24 = .11415525 miles per hour. Times 84 hours equals 9.589. So, I would guess that he travels bit by bit all day long. MTA I'm on central time, so perhaps he is 9.6 for me but 9.7 on eastern time?
      Aha! You are very smart! I didn't even think of the time zones....wow! Good thinking! Smile jilly
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
      JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

So, if you are getting close to the new year and haven't made your goal, then you can just keep moving your time zone back until you hit the date line in an effort to gain a few extra hours for a run?
        That reminds me of when last year, my mom and I had a little wager over miles in a month and the loser would have to buy the other a new pair of running shoes. Long story short, she always thought that I had the advantage because I could look at her log for a LONG time and then catch up because of the hour differences between her in Hong Kong and me in Oregon. I thought that it was wonderful! Hah! modified to add: yes, I won....
          WOW if I would have known that running would be such a thinking thing I would have not started Big grin Wink

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

bas

Good point, I forgot it was a leap year. But, the extra 24 hours isn't enough to throw off the math too much.
            It probably means that the bunny will run 2.7397 miles extra this year. So what do we do? Make this the 1002.7397 Mile Club? bas (nice to see there is another panda here!)

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

So what do we do? Make this the 1002.7397 Mile Club?
              Ha!! We should! Big grin
                Wow......such deep thinking. To add to this, of course the bunny doesn't run......he hops. And of course he hops at a different pace than a turtle does. The key is, where we are at the end of the year. We KNOW where his mileage will be at the end of the year but only we hold the key to what ours is going to be. With the explanation of time zone adaption, I am going now to reserve a plane for the west coast for December 31st......just in case I need it.
                Vista
                JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

The key is, where we are at the end of the year. We KNOW where his mileage will be at the end of the year but only we hold the key to what ours is going to be.
                  Nothing truer ever written. Wink jilly