1000 Mile Club

The first month is coming to a close (Read 330 times)

My, my... 118 runners chasing after me in this group. Some of you have become troublesome. Still, it is very early in the year. Injuries are already starting to take a toll. Will you be able to catch up? The only head count that matters is the one at the finish line. I'll be there, but will you? Is it okay to count your walking? The answer to that question is in your own heart.
    Come play my game, I'll test you...
    No days off
    No holidays
    No vacations
    While you sleep in, I'm out there on the road.
      Relentless; you are. Stumble; you will not. Gaining on you, I am.
      Age is not an illusion
      RunningHammer

Shut it bunny or I'll set Elmer Fudd on you Wink
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pretty cocky for a bunny that is only .1 miles ahead of me--and I have yet to do my run for today (5+ miles). I also am planning to run 9-10 tomorrow. So enjoy your .1 while you can. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slow-smooth-fast

I am ahead of the bunny, but too much too soon has resulted in shin splints. Gonna lay off for a week. Pity. How do you think it will be starting again after a week? Confused

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Eddy, I'm ahead of the bunny too. I have some muscle/cartilage issues so I guess I'm going to take a week off too. It really sucks, in two years I've never missed a run. It is soooo depressing. In that weeks time the bunny will be ahead of me.
              Goals: Maintain 120 beat 5k time: 25:52 beat 10k time: 55:48 Complete one half-marathon-Jan. 10th
                I am ahead of the bunny, but too much too soon has resulted in shin splints. Gonna lay off for a week. Pity. How do you think it will be starting again after a week? Confused
                I've still got my shin splints, too. They do seem to be getting better, though. I've been trying to run Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday... take two days off... then a run on Saturday and then another day off. This way, I'm only running 4 days out of every 7. If that doesn't work to get the shins completely better, I too will soon be taking an entire week off in the not too distant future. Blah!
                  Well, after taking December off, and getting a slow start in January, I'm just now starting to run at the Bunny's pace. I'm still 30 miles back, but like the fabled tortoise, I will put a whooping on the bunny before too long. Wink