1000 Mile Club

OMG, look at all the members! (Read 577 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is going to be such a fun year of running! May 2007 be injury-free for us all! So does anyone think it might be fun to have some sort of challenges or contests each month? Like maybe special avatars to those who meet specific goals...perhaps one for the runner closest to the pace bunny each month without passing the bunny, one for the runner with the most miles for the year (I'm looking at you, Lynn, LOL)...other ideas? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

There must be someone with some creativity out there to create some cute avatars :-P I can sit the little energizer avatars now..
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Zoomy, I think you should run the contests! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I could totally do that--I'd have fun making custom avatars, too! Big grin What sorts of "awards" would be fun to do? k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

You do some graphic design, right? Can you make some special 1K awards avatars? I think all award avatars should have "1000 Mile Club" on them somewhere, too. How about something like: *4 consecutive weeks without a decrease in milage: permission to use a special small turtle avatar (must stop using it if weekly milage drops for more than one week - must start week count over) *8 consecutive weeks without a decrease in milage: medium turtle avatar (must stop using if weekly milage drops for more than one week in a 4 week period - must week start count over) *4 consecutive months with equal or increasing milage: large turtle avatar (must stop using if monthly milage drops. Count starts over) *6 consecutive months with equal or increasing milage: small rabbit avatar *8 consecutive months: large rabbit avatar

When you consider that it is wise to give the body a rest every 3-4 weeks, that is decrease miles, is it a wise thing to give an award for no decrease in milage every 4 weeks, and ignoring this advise ?
              Age is not an illusion
              Wingz

Professional Noob

What would you suggest, then Joe?

Wingz

Professional Noob

I was thinking about that "rest week" thing when I threw in the monthly award ideas. But it's nice to have something for small efforts too. I don't know how we could do that without dropping down to the weekly level. But if you were being consistant with your milage on a monthly basis (which you can do with "rest weeks") then you'd still be eligible for the monthly avatars... What about an avatar for keeping up with or staying ahead of the pace bunny?

va

Here are some more ideas. For each month, we could somehow recognize: - The current overall mileage leader. - The mileage leader for that particular month. - Each runner that has kept up with the pace bunny for that particular month.
                      I like wingz's idea of awarding for consistency in training. For me it is going to be less about being ahead of other people, more about being ahead of myself a month ago and any even little encouragement would be great. Ewa
                      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, some good ideas. How many different avatars will we want to come up with? k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I don't know, but I'm thinking it would be important to have them similar some way and advertising that they were associated with the 1K club. I'd like to see other people in the main forums look at them and say, "Why do so many people have this one avatar? What's up with that?" ... thus leading even more over into our club... bwah hah hah hah hah Evil grin Evil grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good plan...maybe have "1k Club" in small text somewhere on each avatar. Hmmm...I might make one just to advertise for the next couple of weeks. Feel free to grab it once I post it. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So...whaddya think? Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Looks like good advertising! I'll use it!