1000 Mile Club

Running in my underpants (Read 340 times)

Gig

It's raining today. People at work always think I'm nuts if I leave at the end of the day to go running. Today they were a little bit right, not because of the weather, but because I wore cotton shorts. I was doing intervals around the track, today. It's a half mile to the track, and once I was there, the shorts started irritating me mid-thigh. Did I mention that it was raining pretty hard? There was nobody around, so I took the shorts off and set them on the bleachers. I had my black wicking boxer/brief style wicking underpants on. I figured nobody would ever see me; it was raining kind of hard. Cool Enter an 80-ish Korean woman walking her dog. Embarrassed Still no worries. She wouldn't get that close. It was getting dark. She certainly wouldn't take any interest. She took an interest. She checked me out as I ran by her for several laps. I think the heavy rain served my modesty better than the underpants. Honestly, I'm not even a little bit shy. If I gave the Korean lady something other than a fright, I'm happy for it. I'm just glad that the elementary school 50 feet away from the track had emptied of little kids hours earlier. Clowning around
      Oh man that never happens here. Hmmm almost worth a trip to see you run in your undies. Wink

Dog-Love

Ummm Gig ...I think if I were chafing..let's see would I strip down to bra and undies?..Hmmm ...I don't think so...Guys are so lucky and different. Must have felt good!
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Gig

That reminds me of a hot summer day a few years ago when my (very attractive) friend Paula and I were running with a few other guys, and she asked us "Does anybody mind if I take my shirt off?" I objected, of course, but I was overruled. Wink BTW, Crabby, you reminding me that I'm on page 4 is part of what kept me from putting off my run for another day. My original subject line was going to be "Crabby made me run in my underpants." But yes, it did feel good. It had me thinking about this article (http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-297--12454-0,00.html) from the March issue of RW, and how it might be fun to give it a try. Blush

Dog-Love

That is sooooo funny. But that particular run doesn't appeal to me at all. Reminds me of playing volleyball nekid! Ewwwww!!!! I couldn't imagine stopping at an aid station and wanting nothing but a tub of body glide. Then there is keeping the guys/gal's butt in front of you as the only visual image. Well definitely different. Sorry to make you run in your undies but like I said before...I bet it felt great
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

My Hero

I've often wondered... Living in southern Arizona can be challenging as runner having to cope with temperatures in triple digits over 30 days a year. (yes it is a dry heat) But anyhow, besides having to leave for work at 4:30 am., I do most of my running around 3:00am. Even wearing a micro fiber shirt and shorts with the low humidity, I probably have a pound of water loaded up in my clothes. So, by losing the shirt, I got better evaporation and therefore better cooling. It's very rare to even to encounter one car at this time of the day, so I've often thought of running naked. Shocked The question is... How could I explain that to the cops?