1000 Mile Club

A year of running (Read 242 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

A year of running I started running one year ago today…wow, has it been that long already? I have come a long way in a year. My first 5K was in September 2006 (Labor Day) and I did it in 34:42. My most recent 5K was Fourth of July and I did it in 27:51. Still not setting any land speed records, but I have shaved almost 7 minutes off of my 5K time in 10 months (now if I can just shave of another 7 minutes in the next 10 months, I’ll be happy). I have run in 4 5K’s (with each one getting progressively better), a 4 miler, a 5 miler and two half marathons. And I am currently training for my first full marathon (Chicago in October). Also, my wife and I are facilitators of a running/walking club at our Church. If someone said a year ago that we’d be over a running/walking club, I would have laughed until I was blue in the face. My goals for my next year of running are: 1) Complete my first marathon 2) Complete a marathon in 4:15 or less (not necessarily with my first one though) 3) Cut my 5K time down to under 25 minutes 4) Run at least 1,250 miles Well, happy trails to everyone…have a wonderful day!!!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love your goals--they are VERY similar to my own! You've come a long way in a single year--I'll bet you're eager to see what the next year holds. I just hit my 1 year "runiversary" back in late March and year 2 continues to be full of great experiences. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's awesome, Daytona! Great job with your accomplishments and your big weight loss and good luck with hitting your year 2 goals!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Congratulations Daytona – there’s some serious achievements there for year 1. Good luck with Chicago.

Go Pre!

Isn't running wonderful! Seriously, I wish I had discovered it sooner. I am glad I finally did, and for some reason am more competitive with myself than I ever was on any team. It reminds me of golf....but that's another (more expensive) story. keep running and keep enjoying it!

Go Pre!

. It reminds me of golf....but that's another (more expensive) story.
              only slightly more expensive...I can find many ways to spend money on running!