1000 Mile Club

The taper begins (Read 246 times)

After a year and a half of injuries which included one DNF and one DNS for my two planned marathons, the 1000 mile club came along. Initially my goals were to keep up with the pace bunny and to run injury free. As my training progressed I passed the bunny and saw that the top ten was a possibility. This past weekend was my last 20 miler and I actually made it to eighth place, although it was only for a few hours. Now that my taper has begun my top ten placement will fall away, at least until I begin training again Big grin! Thanks to all who have unknowingly provided me with the motivation to go out in whatever weather and with the assortment of minor aches and pains. On a side note; during our run this morning, my wife misjudged a curb and fell Shocked. I stopped to make sure she was okay. She looked up at me with a smile on her face. When I asked if she was okay she said yes and started laughing. I asked what was so funny and she replied “falling was like slow motion, on the way down I thought don’t hurt your legs, stick your hands out to break your fall, what if I hurt my hands…doesn’t matter, don’t hurt your legs”. Then as she hit the ground and was rolling over her next thought was “gotta hit stop on my watch”. One track mind when she’s in her zone Cool!
    "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
    Wingz

Professional Noob

“gotta hit stop on my watch”.
      OMG!!! ROFLMAO! That is so PERFECT! Glad she's okay!

Roads were made for journeys...

LOL that's dedication. She is inspiring.
          That's hilarious! Have a great race! Steve

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I dropped my keys this AM...had to stop my watch! Tongue Enjoy your well-deserved taper! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay