1000 Mile Club

Another Newbie (Read 194 times)

C-R

This is a great idea and I'm already behind that &#^@ bunny but not for long. I'm a CR refugee and wish I would have found this place earlier. Been running for a while and have several marathons under my belt and thats where I did my damage last year. Bad experience at Nashville on mile 17 (for those who have run that one its the hill that seems to last forever). Long story short, I HTFU and finished gimping it all the way. I just got better last month and started back into training. Slowly this time as I have finally come to the conclusion that I am no longer 21 and it takes time to heal and train. Anyway, the idea of 1000 miles seemed a great one and its good to have some kindred souls helping along the way. I'm preparing for the Indy Mini and a fall marathon so I will keep that pesky bunny away starting next month. Cheers from the frozen Hoosier heartland.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

My bike is my therapist

Welcome. Glad you found us. I think you'll find plenty of support here from those who do Big grin and those who don't Angry like the bunny. Wink
      "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
      1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
      5000 Mile Club
      Half Marathon Trainers

Life is Good

Just thought I would drop in and say hello! I ran /walked over 1000 miles last year ( in about 8 months) I want to keep it up this year and possibly go a little further, I need this to keep me motivated..looking forward to seeing everyones results Wink

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between