1000 Mile Club

Where would you be after 1000 miles (Read 876 times)

Dog-Love

I just plotted a map to show that I could run to Prudoe Bay AK from Juneau AK in a year if I can run 1089 miles. Of course I would have to start with a ferry ride to Haines to get to the road system. I think I will track my Progress to Prudoe Bay each month. Will let you know when I get there!
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    bas

Sounds like an interesting map! Can you post it in the Maps section? bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Dog-Love

I tried to post it by adding the map to this user group but it doesn't seem to be there. i may check back with Eric to see what I am missing. Thanks for the idea.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          For those who like to see where running takes them, check this out http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html. Ewa
          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
            http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html. Ewa
            What is such a cool site! I've joined, and if any others want to, we can all see each other's progress across the country. Join me as running partner, my user id is 38384, name is "landyd". I entered my total for 2006, just to see how it works, but will reset it on Jan.1, of course, to start towards our goal of 1000 miles. Not sure how the "teams" feature works, Confused but I made one called "RA1000miles". If anyone figures out how to add themsleves onto the team, I think this will track our cumulative miles. landy
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
              Join me as running partner, my user id is 38384, name is "landyd". I entered my total for 2006, just to see how it works, but will reset it on Jan.1, of course, to start towards our goal of 1000 miles. Not sure how the "teams" feature works, Confused but I made one called "RA1000miles". If anyone figures out how to add themsleves onto the team, I think this will track our cumulative miles. landy
              I just added you as my running partner. I will be resetting my miles on Jan. 1 also though right now I have no idea how to do it. My id and name 38024 EwaB. As for the teams when you click on the tab 'Create Teams' you will have an option to edit team. Then you can add members by their user id. It is funny, the site let me create a team under the same name (I was just toying around trying to search for the team you have created). I guess only the team 'owner' can add members, they cannot sign themselves up. I am really not sure how those teams work. Ewa
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                ewa - I added you as a partner, and into the RA1000mile team. I'll play around with it some more to see how to get this to work starting in 2007...may need to create a new Team to start fresh. Confused Anyone else want to join? We're somewhere in Kentucky with our combined 2006 mileage. landy
                Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                  Joining you all in Marion Kentucky! My id is 38445 rocknmama

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dog-Love

I added Ewa and landy as my partners and it looks like fun. I am CrabbyT38444. I am heading down to CA to enjoy some better climate and run without cleats! Postholing it through the snow has kept my mileage down!
                      I could run to Chicago and home (from Toronto, ON)
                        had problems with my id from last night so I rejoined this is my info ( if any one wants to add me) 38524 PamH I did add crabby, ewa and landy if you don't mind.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How did you guys set up a user ID on that site? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

had problems with my id from last night so I rejoined this is my info ( if any one wants to add me) 38524 PamH I did add crabby, ewa and landy if you don't mind.
                            I sure don't mind. I will add you. I can't believe rockinmamaof5 is my running buddy!

Dog-Love

How did you guys set up a user ID on that site? k
                              I just put my first name as crabby and my last name and my birthdate and they gave me a user id. isda38444 (I think). You can enter the site without your user ID if you enter the original info (name, birthdate) exactly the same.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OK, I'm 38365...I think. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay