1000 Mile Club

Another personal best this week, but sore. (Read 191 times)

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Today I went further than I have run in my life...15 miles! Big grin My body is telling me to rest so next week is a recovery week. This was a hilly trail again and I am a little sore. Tomorrow may be unconfortable. I think a swim will help.
    Find the fun.
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, great job! I bet you ARE sore! I tend to wimp out and do my longest-runs-ever on flat roads!
        Great job trailsurfer!! Awesome accomplishment.

Top 'O the World!

Lotsa pretty colors on your log!! Smile Wink Cool Awesome job!!
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            Now that you have that distance, you can visit it again in a short while and it won't seem so difficult. Your body will tolerate it better and your mind knows now that it can make that distance. Your shorter runs will seem easier as well. It really is an interesting process. Congratulations on this accomplishment.
            Vista
            Gig

That's interesting, Joey. I hadn't thought about it that way, but I think you're right. My wife (not a runner Sad ) says the same thing about karate. Once a student earns a black belt, all the basics suddenly become natural, automatic. She says it's a confidence thing.