10K Training Group, 8K's are welcome too

Keeping track of my training (was Just found this group) (Read 448 times)

Sorry to hear you are hurt...I have been doing very little running for various reasons (excuses) nothing preventing me really, just a seasonal loss of motivation.

I am not really sure if I care enough about getting faster to undertake the kind of training that is required, or whether I should just run to maintain the health benefits I have gained so far.

Possibly will make some resolutions in the new year.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

redleaf

Well, I finally got out of the funk that hurting my foot and shoulder put me into over December and the holidays.

Yesterday's run may have only been 3 and a third km but it is MY 3.33 km Smile I'm getting a little more accustomed to waking up early to walk the dog. We run a little during our walks but it's still awfully cold for her to be out too long. So I brought her back home and then went out for a bit of a run myself. I'll try and get up 15 or so minutes earlier the rest of the week and add it to my run - hoping to get up to 5k 3 - 4 times a week for now.

Simon, how are you doing?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Thanks for asking- I have done a little better recently, though the cold is a factor for me too. I am trying to at least do short runs on a regular basis, I cannot stay out for too long so am not doing any long runs until the weather improves.

I have Yaktrax for the snow, so that is a big help.

My son ran 25kms one day last weekend and came back with his drinks all frozen into blocks of ice...and his headlamp frozen to his balaclava.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

redleaf

shhh just starting...all over again...again...lol Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362