10K Training Group, 8K's are welcome too

Well this was more taper than I intended (Read 504 times)

A Saucy Wench

Finally have a race on my schedule and I am sicker than sick. crud crud crud.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Marquess of Utopia

Hope you get well soon.
        Bummer! I was looking forward to seeing a race out of you too. Your training was comning along so well. If it's "just" a bug I'd rather it be this than an injury, though. It is very common to come back from these things running strong in a relatively short time. Just make sure to go a easy for a couple days once you start running again. {{{healing vibes}}}
        Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

A Saucy Wench

I have to go down to the race anyway. It is race 2 of an 8 race points series and this is packet pickup for the points series. I know I will run the race since I am down there. The question is if I am going to race the race or not. If it is damp/rainy I may have a shot, dry air would kill my lungs right now. I get 1 pt for finishing regardless of place, and then they have points for 1-6 in AG. This is one of the more popular ones, so even at full strength I would probably be battling for 5/6th at best. I had thought I would be aiming for 8:10mm but not likely now. My options are 1) to run it hard anyway and see where I land. 2) to run it with my friend who is doing the 30K --she has a problem with rabbiting out of the start so I could run with her the first 10K and try to slow her down to where she should be (~9mm) 3) to run it with my other friend who is running her 2nd 10K ever and will probably be in the 11mm range I'll decide that morning.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7