10K Training Group, 8K's are welcome too

10K Races! (Read 1218 times)

Right on Hereford...

Good luck, Jim! I am racing my goal 10k on Monday as well (Bolder Boulder). Planning to go sub-40. Big grin
      Good luck, Jim! I am racing my goal 10k on Monday as well (Bolder Boulder). Planning to go sub-40. Big grin
      Good luck to you too, Dakota. Stop by next week sometime we'll talk about our races.
      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

A Saucy Wench

My race report The short 49:21 - not great, not awful, deceptively hard course, still 1st in AG so I got my points for the series. Looks like the series is kind of faltering. There arent enough people doing it to really make it competitive. I am not running fast enough to be capturing this many 1st and 2nds in a competitive field, but I'll take it! Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yesterday's race, the Marin Memorial Day 10k, far exceed anything I could have hoped for. The race was the 5th leg of the 2008 PAUSATF Grand Prix series. Ironically my time of 38:35 was only good for 2nd in the 60-64 age group and snapped a 15 race win streak for me in this division. The winner had won national 10k championships on road and XC within past 18 months. He ran 36:57 this morning. I’ve never been so happy to finish 2nd! My previous best was a 39:22 that I ran 2 months ago, so this was a major breakthrough. Splits were 6:02, 6:14, 6:08, 6:13, 6:18, 6:20, 1:20 – 38:35. After 7 straight days of easy runs on the grass my legs were feeling fresher than usual. That and the fact that I was really up for this race is probably what caused me to go out too fast. In most recent starts I’ve run even or slightly negative splits, but I think I’ll keep this one anyway Smile
          Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

A Saucy Wench

Woohoo Jim! I was waiting for your report Big grin

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Right on Hereford...

Yesterday's race, the Marin Memorial Day 10k, far exceed anything I could have hoped for.
              Awesome job, Jim! Soon you will be rivaling your all-time PRs... I finally broke 40 at the Bolder Boulder yesterday, with a time of 39:54. I decided to pace by feel, and didn't check my watch until kilometer 7. I really think this works best for me. In previous races, I've made the mistake of trying to "catch up" after a slower uphill split, which cost even more time over the rest of the course. Yesterday, my splits were pretty even, considering the terrain (point-to-point course at 5400 feet, with several hills and a finish higher than the start). Here they are: Mile 1 - 6:14 (downhill) Mile 2 - 6:29 (uphill) Mile 3 - 6:29 (uphill) Mile 4 - 6:29 (uphill) Mile 5 - 6:18 (downhill) Mile 6 - 6:33 (uphill) Last .2 - 1:22 (6:23 pace) I'm so glad to have finally done it! I've been trying to make this goal for the last 5 years.
              RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Dakota - Feels good, huh?! By the looks of your splits you ran a great race. Congratulations!

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Nice goin' Dakota, You really hung tough on those uphills. They should get easier after getting that first sub-40. I'm sure glad that I was running a nice flat course at sea level rather than that beast you ran. Congratulations!

Marquess of Utopia

Nice races everyone! I've got a back to back 10k race this Saturday (20K). I'm hoping to break 1:17:00 and break my PR which was set back in 1999. This is my biggest race of the year; I hope I’m peaking just right. I'm tring to decide if I should rest on Thursday and run 3-4 on Friday or run 5-6 tomorrow and rest Friday.

A Saucy Wench

I feel a little better about my race. I checked randomly on about a dozen runners who did both races and everyone was slower on this one. Not 50 seconds slower, but slower. Joe: Personally I would rest thursday and run friday...I get stiff and sluggish after a day off

Future running partner.

AWESOME PR'S!!! The feeling you get after running races like is really something. For me, it puts me in a great mood for weeks.

Marquess of Utopia

Premonition Post Big grin
                          10k Le Coteau, France. May 30, 2008 This will be my first race ever. Aiming for 50:00 - 55:00. Paul
                          First race ever wow! Let us know how you finish. Good luck!

A Saucy Wench

what he said^^^

10k Le Coteau, France. May 30, 2008 This will be my first race ever. Aiming for 50:00 - 55:00. Paul

Marquess of Utopia

Welcome to the group Captain Atom, how was your race? I'll be posting my race report soon.