10K Training Group, 8K's are welcome too

10K Races! (Read 1218 times)

Marquess of Utopia

Feel free to post your next scheduled 10k, your goal time for that race, and comments. Big grin
      City of Wellington 10k 10th Feb 2008. Target - sub 48 would be great. sub 47 and I'd be on cloud 9. This was my first race back last Feb after 6 months off running. I just about scraped under 60mins. Since then I've run 2 other 10ks - 51.57 in June and 49.38 in August. These days I do race quite a lot but this is my main target race for summer so I'll be taking it seriously.

Dog-Love

The first 10K here in Juneau is late March (date not set) and I hope for a sub 56:00
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Considering that I suggested starting a thread for upcoming races you'd think I would have one in mind. The truth is that I'm not sure when my next one will be, but I will pencil in this one: 2/10/07 - Together With Love 10k in Pacific Grove CA - Goal time 39:49. I could jump in one on spur of moment at any time between now and May, but it won't be until Memorial Day that there is anything on my "definite" list. After 6 months straight of averaging 60 mpw, I'm in recovery mode now after having run a marathon on the 2nd of this month. I don't expect to be in top shape until spring when the USATF season starts.
          Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

Marquess of Utopia

Friendly Son's of St. Patrick 10K, March ?30th?, West Des Moines, IA. Goal Time: TBD I hope to find another 10K before that.
            Hannibal Granite

March 22 Clover 10K Lagrange, KY No set time goals as of right now, but I consider it bad luck for me to state my goals publicly anyway (whenever I do this I seem not to make it)

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

March 22 Clover 10K Lagrange, KY No set time goals as of right now, but I consider it bad luck for me to state my goals publicly anyway (whenever I do this I seem not to make it)
                Welcome Hannibal, I remember seeing your posts on the old CompWire thread at CR. I seldom posted there but checked in on a fairly regular basis. Some nice times you had a few years back. You are still very young...could get back there again if you can stay healthy and train. Jim
                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                Hannibal Granite

Jim - Thanks for the welcome, I would like to get back to the level I was at a few years ago, but at this point I think it will take about a 8-12 months or so if I can stay healthy, which is something I've had a problem with the last few years. Lots of starts and stops the past few years due to injury. I especially want to improve my 1/2 Mar. & Marathon PRs, which are significantly sub-par compared to my 10K/15K bests.

Jim - Thanks for the welcome, I would like to get back to the level I was at a few years ago, but at this point I think it will take about a 8-12 months or so if I can stay healthy, which is something I've had a problem with the last few years. Lots of starts and stops the past few years due to injury. I especially want to improve my 1/2 Mar. & Marathon PRs, which are significantly sub-par compared to my 10K/15K bests.
                    John, I doesn't take a genius to see what happened in that marathon. I'm sure you would have run much faster if you hadn't been so ambitious in the early going. Your PR's at other distances project to something around 2:30 and you were on 2:26 pace half way. I can only imagine how much that last 10k must have hurt. Next time you will do better.
                    Hannibal Granite

John, I doesn't take a genius to see what happened in that marathon. I'm sure you would have run much faster if you hadn't been so ambitious in the early going. Your PR's at other distances project to something around 2:30 and you were on 2:26 pace half way. I can only imagine how much that last 10k must have hurt. Next time you will do better.
                      That is exactly what happened, amazing what going out just a few minutes too fast fast can do. I actually held that pace almost exactly through 16+ miles then the wheels came off in an almost amusing and spectacular way.

A Saucy Wench

Jan 6 - had a hilly 10K - 1st one back from injury - PR 52:53 next one is March 8 - currently doing season base building so just hope for a new PR

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

That is exactly what happened, amazing what going out just a few minutes too fast fast can do. I actually held that pace almost exactly through 16+ miles then the wheels came off in an almost amusing and spectacular way.
                          AMEN - I idiotically kept trying to catch the pace team I wanted to run with, only to discover that they were a) trying to make up the chip time/clock time difference and b) running 4 minutes faster than pace at the half. I cruised until 22 miles and then putt putt putted the rest.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Prophet!

hi folks...just joined. Having no goals after my December 07 marathon finally drove me nutty. I decided to do a 10K spring season with a target race on May 11th. PR is 52 minutes (a year ago), hoping for sub 50 or sub 49. Probably will do a two 10K races before target race as well.

Just Be

hi folks...just joined. Having no goals after my December 07 marathon finally drove me nutty. I decided to do a 10K spring season with a target race on May 11th. PR is 52 minutes (a year ago), hoping for sub 50 or sub 49. Probably will do a two 10K races before target race as well.
                              Good luck! Smile
                                New seniors 8k PR! When I joined this thread I had tentatively planned to run a 10k tomorrow, but decided to do an 8k today instead. I had been having some non-running physical problems the past couple weeks and didn’t feel that I was in sub-40 shape at this point. Much to my surprise I ran 31:25 for a seniors PR. It was good for 1st in 60-64 age group and better than all the 50-plus guys except one. This was 4th straight year I’d run the course and had never run well on it until today. Splits were 6:23, 6:19, 6:16, 6:16, 6:11. Last one was .971 miles, which is always the case for the 8k distance. The course was a certified loop.This really helped lift my spirits after a tough past couple weeks. I turn 62 next week.