1367 miles, or a marathon per week

The bunny chasing thread (Read 686 times)

Week 16 April 13 - April 19 or April 12 - April 18 Where is the bunny? 383 miles Where am I? 286 miles Mileage last week: 21.9 miles Goal mileage this week: 25 - 27 miles
      Week 17 April 20 - April 26 or April 19 - April 25 Where is the bunny? 409 miles Where am I? 313 miles Gap: - 96 miles / Max Gap: - 97 miles Mileage last week: 26.8 miles Goal mileage this week: 26 - 28 miles
      Carl A

I'm at 417 today. Looks like I finally caught up! I'm hoping to keep improving - last year I think I got to just over 1200.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Carl, at the current rate you will probably run well over 1500 miles.
          I'm at 417 today. Looks like I finally caught up! I'm hoping to keep improving - last year I think I got to just over 1200.
          Carl A

Thanks - I hope so! Although I have a history of crashing and burning in the late spring and early summer, we'll see if I've learned enough to keep it together this year!

By the end of the day, I will be at 433. I'm actually hoping to get a total of 1400 miles for the year so looks like I'm on track but sliding. Been kinda slacking this month. Big Sur is on Sunday so I'm using the marathon tapering excuse. :-)

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Way to go! As long as you keep it close, you can count on some final days push Big grin
                By the end of the day, I will be at 433. I'm actually hoping to get a total of 1400 miles for the year so looks like I'm on track but sliding. Been kinda slacking this month. Big Sur is on Sunday so I'm using the marathon tapering excuse. :-)
                  I'm at 473 today. My goal last year was 500 miles for the whole year, so things have definitely picked up! Of course, here in AL, we're not that far away from months and months of muggy, hot, disgusting weather, so I'm either going to have to learn to be a morning person or my mileage will fall apart.
                    Week 18 April 27 - May 3 or April 26 - May 2 Where is the bunny? 436 miles Where am I? 341 miles Gap: - 95 miles / Max Gap: - 97 miles Mileage last week: 27.6 miles Goal mileage this week: 26-27 miles , plan to run a 5K this Sunday.
                      Maintaining > 20 MPW is going to be hard for lots of runners, I feel that I am turning into a running zealot when I step back and examine my priorities Big grin
                      I'm at 473 today. My goal last year was 500 miles for the whole year, so things have definitely picked up! Of course, here in AL, we're not that far away from months and months of muggy, hot, disgusting weather, so I'm either going to have to learn to be a morning person or my mileage will fall apart.
                      Carl A

Of course, here in AL, we're not that far away from months and months of muggy, hot, disgusting weather.
                        Today must have been declared National Day of Sweat when I wasn't looking. It's 92 F here in northeast PA right now. Which means it must be about 200 in Alabama.

It might be the National Day of Swap, cause we have low 70s here in central Texas.
                          Today must have been declared National Day of Sweat when I wasn't looking. It's 92 F here in northeast PA right now. Which means it must be about 200 in Alabama.
                            Wow, 92F! Already! And I've been complaining about the high 80s! My sympathies...the heat is killing me. I really think I was close to heat exhaustion on Saturday's long run. I've been doing doubles lately, trying to get my body used to running twice a day for the American Cancer Society relay this coming weekend. An extra bonus is that it is getting me used to running in the morning. And as a nice plus, I hit a new high last week! My first week ever above 50 miles Smile Denali, send that lovely weather over to AL, please!
                              50 miles! That's a hell lot of running! The moderate weather here won't last though, it was raining that was why.
                              Wow, 92F! Already! And I've been complaining about the high 80s! My sympathies...the heat is killing me. I really think I was close to heat exhaustion on Saturday's long run. I've been doing doubles lately, trying to get my body used to running twice a day for the American Cancer Society relay this coming weekend. An extra bonus is that it is getting me used to running in the morning. And as a nice plus, I hit a new high last week! My first week ever above 50 miles Smile Denali, send that lovely weather over to AL, please!

...---...

Mid 80's here in upstate SC - welcomed the warmer weather, seems to help keep me loose. However, jumping from 60's to 87 over the course of a few days was a bit of a shock. This past weekend, I tested the hip/groin injury with a deliberate 5 miler. Lower back killing me from having worked in the yard all day both other than that, the injury didn't bother me too much. Had to stop and stretch a few times which killed my pace (Garmin auto stop/resume) Still, slowed down, and the miles went by fairly easy. I'm so far behind the bunny that I'll just run for a while and then check the standings. If all goes well, I should be back to target mileage (for the group) in the next 2 weeks. After that, I should be able to slowly begin closing the gap...it maybe a photo finish for me. In other news, I saw a guy running here in the neighborhood this morning wearing dust/particulate mask. I'm guessing swine flu scare...as opposed to pollen protection.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12