1367 miles, or a marathon per week

Do Dream Miles Count? (Read 339 times)

Lu481

Hi everyone, It's pretty quiet in here... Just thought I'd try to liven things up a little... I've had to stop running for a couple weeks due to an injury in my ankle after running the Sharm El Sheikh 1/2 marathon on the 13th of March... Yesterday I started back up by running 3 easy slow miles. There was a very small amount of pain in the ankle still so I didn't push it too hard, and am not running today. This morning however I woke up after having run 12.6 miles. It was quite the dream and I felt like I was running for a long time. Maybe that is why I feel so tired this morning... When I finished the run I wasn't feeling tired and I had felt no pain at all in my ankle... I remember thinking in the dream that this is my long run for the week... Very realistic... I wonder how much benefit you actually get from running dream miles... And no I'm not going to count those miles as actual running miles... but maybe I should create a new exercise called "dream miles"... Big grin Have a great day, Lu
      You are quite a dedicated runner! I can't imagine that I would ever dream about running. Post race is an interesting time. I too just finished a 10k last Sunday, and I am staying up late for a few days, before getting back into the mileage game and having to crawl into bed early everyday.
      Hi everyone, It's pretty quiet in here... Just thought I'd try to liven things up a little... I've had to stop running for a couple weeks due to an injury in my ankle after running the Sharm El Sheikh 1/2 marathon on the 13th of March... Yesterday I started back up by running 3 easy slow miles. There was a very small amount of pain in the ankle still so I didn't push it too hard, and am not running today. This morning however I woke up after having run 12.6 miles. It was quite the dream and I felt like I was running for a long time. Maybe that is why I feel so tired this morning... When I finished the run I wasn't feeling tired and I had felt no pain at all in my ankle... I remember thinking in the dream that this is my long run for the week... Very realistic... I wonder how much benefit you actually get from running dream miles... And no I'm not going to count those miles as actual running miles... but maybe I should create a new exercise called "dream miles"... Big grin Have a great day, Lu
        Lu, Hope that ankle gets well quickly! Dream miles? I like the concept! :-)

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Carl A

Lu, glad to hear that you're getting back into it. I hope the ankle continues to improve. Two nights ago, I had an almost-running dream: On a golf course, I was hanging onto the back of an SUV that had the hatch up. One of my brothers-in-law suddenly started driving, and I jumped my feet up into the back of the vehicle and held on to the open hatch above my head. When we stopped about a half mile later, I thought, "Shoot, if I would've run along behind instead of hopping my feet in and hanging on, I could have logged more mileage this week." Also, my kids' Wii Olympics game has dream races (and other weird dream events, like 10,000-meter diving); it's not as good as actual running, but it's not bad either. Life is weird.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I hope you heal quickly!! I wish dream miles count, I keep having nightmares about the last 4 miles in my upcoming marathon. Hope it goes better than my head thinks it will... Dead

Chris
            PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

#artbydmcbride

Injured on Friday the 13th? whoa! Get well soon. I like dream miles, I'll bet mine are faster.

Runners run