1500 Miles So Go Run

OK, I need a kick in the pants (Read 330 times)

I'm contemplating a 3rd day off in a row.  I'm not sick.  I'm not injured.  I'm not tapering.  I've had 2 drop down months.  It's time to go now...but I just can't get out the door.  This is very unlike me, especially since this weather is perfect and I HAVE been injured the last 2 fall seasons, my favorite time of year, what the hell is wrong with me??!  Someone tell me what a puss I'm being and to get out there and run!

Just a dude.

I'm contemplating a 3rd day off in a row.  I'm not sick.  I'm not injured.  I'm not tapering.  I've had 2 drop down months.  It's time to go now...but I just can't get out the door.  This is very unlike me, especially since this weather is perfect and I HAVE been injured the last 2 fall seasons, my favorite time of year, what the hell is wrong with me??!  Someone tell me what a puss I'm being and to get out there and run!

Yer a puss... Now go out there and run!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Absolutely shock Jen....3 days Wink

I am the worst for that at the moment and jsut plodding around aimlessly with a vague plan in my head that I will be doing something special in the next month or so. I think it is a case of 1500 militis caused when a runner hits a goal and then nose dives because they don't have a goal. Chill out, stop worrying about the length of time you have not run but just set a day.....say Sunday...THE DAY when you will definitely go for a 12 mile run on the trail, just having a set date and vague plan will be enough to get you out of the door.

Other than that HTFU, get you frigging arse in gear and get out of the bloody door you soft sack of poo Evil

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

an amazing likeness

I disagree. 

You don't need a kick in the pants...you need to just take some days off.  Take 'em off.  Deliberately. No angst over missed runs...no thinking that your base is slipping away -- because it isn't. 

Real, for true, off days.

Need to be outside, then take a walk. Actually don't...go for stroll.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

#artbydmcbride

What a wuss!  Get yer arse out there!  Run for 5 minutes!  Just 5!  Go on do it!

Runners run

jeffdonahue

Consider your pants kicked

I disagree. 

You don't need a kick in the pants...you need to just take some days off.  Take 'em off.  Deliberately. No angst over missed runs...no thinking that your base is slipping away -- because it isn't. 

Part of me definitely agreed with this, for the first 2 days.  It is rare I want to take a day off, so I try not to sweat it when I do.  But where is that line between resting and lazy?  I'm afraid I'll slip below the line!

I was "supposed" to run 7.5 miles, but I "only" ran 4, at a snails pace; so that was my lazy me versus better get out there and run me compromise.

But yeah, as I was running I was a) happy to get a kick in the pants but b) realizing 3 days off isn't the worst thing ever I guess...I think I've only taken 3 days off in a row once this year.  Most months I don't think I took off 3 days total. Thanks all!

I disagree. 

I agree.  But, I'm a big supporter of taking days off when needed/wanted, or if running just doesn't sound like something I want to do.   I honestly think that I benefit from it.  It seems that when I have down days, I bounce back feeling awesome.  Smile 

Michelle