1500 Miles So Go Run

Hey Miss Issippi (Read 685 times)

Forever Learning

Good work on the HM there Ms. MS. I am trying hard to get back into gear but am still struggling Roll eyes
      Good work on the HM there Ms. MS. I am trying hard to get back into gear but am still struggling Roll eyes
      Thank you. I'm happy with my time, I was kind of hoping for 1:48 but I think I was being greedy. It would have been nice to run it not being sick but that's okay. Sorry to hear that you aren't having good luck with getting back into running as you'd like. What are you having the most trouble with?

Michelle

No,but soon.In three weeks I'll do my first of the four 20 milers in my plan.I figure if that doesn't kill me,I'll go ahead and sign up. Roll eyes
        Did you sign up yet???

Michelle

Jeff, how are you doing? Confused

Michelle

Forever Learning

The weather has turned for the better (until today) and getting out a bit more consistently. Signed up for Chicago so now I have something to keep me motivated Big grin
              The weather has turned for the better (until today) and getting out a bit more consistently. Signed up for Chicago so now I have something to keep me motivated Big grin
              Big grin There you are! I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering where you were. Glad to hear that you've signed up for Chicago. I have a marathon next weekend and then that's it for long races for a while. I'm actually looking forward to working on the shorter races for the summer. In November there's the Monkey marathon in TN, but I'm not 100% sold on that yet. We'll see. My motivation has been up and down a lot lately and I've had to wait out my slumps.

Michelle

How's it going Jeff? Smile

Michelle

Forever Learning

Getting a bit better Big grin Heading out on vacation this week and running will be a challenge. Working towards the Chicago Marathon in October with a few shorter races in between. I saw you were fighting some burnout. You started the year on fire and were due for a little downtime Wink The weather finally starting to improve has made those longer runs much easier! The Monkey Marathon - I have read about it and also hang out on the Runner's World forums and read some of the race reports from last year. Seems to be a blast but very tough. Trent is a great RD - that was a consistent comment...
                    Getting a bit better Big grin Heading out on vacation this week and running will be a challenge. Working towards the Chicago Marathon in October with a few shorter races in between. I saw you were fighting some burnout. You started the year on fire and were due for a little downtime Wink The weather finally starting to improve has made those longer runs much easier! The Monkey Marathon - I have read about it and also hang out on the Runner's World forums and read some of the race reports from last year. Seems to be a blast but very tough. Trent is a great RD - that was a consistent comment...
                    Looks like your mileage is increasing at a nice rate. You should be good to go by race day in October. Yes Do you feel confident? For me, this is half the battle. My down time is now over. This past week has been good for my running, today's interval workout may have been just what I needed to push me in the right direction. Tonight I'll do an easy run to allow for some stretching since my lunch run was rushed and I didn't get to stretch yet (I hate lunch running for that reason). Thursday I plan on hitting the track with a friend, I'm excited about doing speed workouts on a track. The Monkey sounds like fun. I'm not going to run it expecting a PR, I just want to have fun with it. "FUN"...I must be crazy, saying that running 26.2 miles on a hilly course will be fun. Roll eyes Anyhow, I'm glad to see all those bars on your running log!

Michelle

A Saucy Wench

How did Casa get to name this forum? Smile

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7