1500 Miles So Go Run

Major Bonk.... (Read 148 times)

Went for a 9 mile run today and totally bonked at 5 miles. Cry I just couldn't get it together. I was sluggish from the start and it felt like my legs werer running through 3 feet of mud. It doesn't happen often but when it does I feel miserable. I ended up walking a little bit and I finished 8 miles in 1:15: 45. Black eye My problem is I can't figure what brought it on. I ate properly yesterday, had a good night sleep and was mentally prepared to go this morning. Oh well, caulk it up to the overall running experience. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day..... Big grin
      Clay- Some days are like that- it just makes us enjoy those days when everything clicks even more!
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

Forever Learning

Had a long run like that today. Think I wasn't fully hydrated and it was just a tough day Sad More than a few times I wanted to pack it in as I was hurting - but pushed through. I am sure come race day what I felt today will be mild in comparison (not hoping for it - but preparing for it)...
          I have those runs every so often ... nothing I can actually point to (food, hydration, weather), but I just feel ick during the run. Hope the next one is better Smile !
          2009: BQ?