1500 Miles So Go Run

January Goals (Read 968 times)

Here it is!  The new year!  What are your January goals?

drop 4 or 5 pounds

run 140 miles or more

stay healthy!

theyapper

On the road again...

I've got 5 pounds that I don't think I had a month ago that need to go.  Hopefully I'll run them in the ground as I get 170 miles this month.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

My modest goals:

1.Get healthy.

2.Stay healthy.

3.Run as much as I can and begin building my mileage base.  1500 miles is a big stretch for me this year, so we'll see how the first few months go.

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

Beware, batbear...

1.)  Stay ahead of the bunny.

2.)  Drop at least 5 lbs.  (No fast food!)

3.)  Beat my time in last years Hot Chocolate 10K (52:25) 

4.)  Beat my running buddy TJ in the Hot Chocolate (he thinks he's in better shape than me, we'll see Wink)

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

C-R

one more mile than Dec.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Keep my streak alive. This will be a challenge since I start nursing school on the 18th. I will be busy!

Shooting for 100 miles for the month. I think I can manage that.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

250 miles.  Lose some weight.  Run a respectable 5k

Sounds much like December did!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. Leaving group to make room for others. Joined 2000 mile group.

2000 imaginary miles

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

250 miles.  Lose some weight.  Run a respectable 5k

Sounds much like December did!

Sub-20 is more than respectable....

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Hello, new to the group.  Made a bit over 1,350 last year so I'm going to try and better that.  Big grin  Goals?  Jan goals? Ok.......

1) Run injury free

2) Drop the holiday pounds

3) Run at least 100 miles

4) Looking for 5K races to run

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I want to:

1. Run 200+ miles 
                        2. Try and get over this piriformis niggle as soon as possible
                        3. Complete my 50 km self-navigation cross country race next week unscathed Completed (that was a bloody tough course!!!)

Jerry
                        A runners blog-updated daily

Sub-20 is more than respectable....

Yes, sorry, should have been more specific!  I meant respectable for me.  Really just thinking about breaking 20.30 (my last 5k of 2010 was over 22 mins although I did give up in despair at about 1500m!)

C-R

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. Leaving group to make room for others. Joined 2000 mile group.

2000 imaginary miles

Ummm Ron. Lots of us are in both and enjoy the varried conversations. BTW - the Swamp is a little bit different.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ummm Ron. Lots of us are in both and enjoy the varried conversations. BTW - the Swamp is a little bit different.

I just joined the Swamp...for the bunny.  It is time I commit.  I felt better this week running 6 days a week/40 miles, even sick than I did a healthy 20 miles...I need the consistent easy miles to feel good running...and to get back to where I was over the summer before my SI joint issues.  I'm not one to "chase miles" so to speak...but there is something to be said for piling on miles ALL THE TIME...not just cramming 40 miles into 3 days (which I have tried to do in the past...not smart for me!).  So, there we go...call it a resolution of sorts.  Consisent miles, and lots of them...that is the name of the game.

jeffdonahue

Shooting for 225 miles

Stay healthy and uninijured

Run every day

Start some sort of core/upper body regimen