1500 Miles So Go Run

January Goals (Read 968 times)

C-R

I just joined the Swamp...for the bunny.  It is time I commit.  I felt better this week running 6 days a week/40 miles, even sick than I did a healthy 20 miles...I need the consistent easy miles to feel good running...and to get back to where I was over the summer before my SI joint issues.  I'm not one to "chase miles" so to speak...but there is something to be said for piling on miles ALL THE TIME...not just cramming 40 miles into 3 days (which I have tried to do in the past...not smart for me!).  So, there we go...call it a resolution of sorts.  Consisent miles, and lots of them...that is the name of the game.

WTG Jen. That's the spirit.

NTW - here is a video clip of the 2000 mile bunny. Be warned.  2000MileBunny

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

My meager goals:

1. Get healthy about 90% there.

2. Stay healthy.

3. Run as much as I can and begin building my mileage base with out aggravating my SI joint issues.  And be able to run Boston on April 19th.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

I'm new here since I'm not sure the 2000 mile goal is realistic this year.  I made it easily in 2009, but was injured most of 2010.  I am slowly coming back from the injury (it is still there to a degree) and think this group might be a better idea for me. 

Goals are to get the injury better (it's a bad one and slow to heal-  upper hamstring tendinopathy),   run consistently (currently doing low heart rate training while the injury is still a factor) but not obsessively (to hit 2000 miles I have to do too many stupid things),  perhaps get back to racing after a mental and physical burnout in early 2010 and allow for cycling and cross training without feeling like I am "cheating" on running.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

"cheating" on running.

Running is a cruel mistress.  If you figure out how to get on the bike without feeling as if you aren't really getting any miles, please let me know.  

Hope your injury heals quickly!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I havent even made it to the 1000 mile goal despite 10 total marathons--but none in 2010, and only 1 in 2009. Getting back into the groove. But planning on staying in shape to keep up with my toddler, and the newborn on the way. I want them to have a healthy daddy.

Goals for January

140+ miles (In meeting with my newly constructed training plan for the Pig)

STAY HEALTHY

Lose 5 lbs. (Will happen easily if I meet my other 2 goals)

And be able to run Boston on April 19th.

Good goals. Although you might find yourself a bit late if you run on the 19th!
              L2Run

RoadRunner

Run 150 miles.  Loose about 8lbs!  And get ready for a 5k in February.

150 miles in January. 

We'll see how this goes. I took some time off to get rested and now its time to get back after it.

nothing to see here.  

dork.major dork.

*Keep hip healthy

*140 miles in January

*Yoga 6x

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Lu481

January goals:

1. Remain injury free

2. Run at least 110 miles

3. Do more cross training

Shouldn't be too difficult.

Lose 2 lbs (slow and consistent)

Start Pilates on Monday nights

Get the piriformis healthy

Run 125 miles (took a week off this month for break between training cycles....)

Here it is!  The new year!  What are your January goals?

drop 4 or 5 pounds

run 140 miles or more

stay healthy!

Well, I know there is still a day left...and I kind of feel a cold coming on so I don't think I achieved the "stay healthy," but I dropped 4lbs and I ran at least 177 miles, perhaps 180 if I get a recovery run in tomorrow.  I'm pretty pleased.  I had no idea I could achieve this kind of mileage and feel this good, looking forward to upping it next month.

Hopefully I won't get a cold and this is all in my mind, and I will have completed all 3 goals!

Beware, batbear...

1.)  Stay ahead of the bunny.

2.)  Drop at least 5 lbs.  (No fast food!)

3.)  Beat my time in last years Hot Chocolate 10K (52:25) 

4.)  Beat my running buddy TJ in the Hot Chocolate (he thinks he's in better shape than me, we'll see Wink)

Hit all the goals except no fast food.  I seriously think I have a genetic disorder or something for Long John Silver's.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

250 miles.  Lose some weight.  Run a respectable 5k

Sounds much like December did!

250 miles: 250.1 Smile  I promise that was not deliberate.

Lose some weight:  Just under 2kg / just over 4lbs lost since 1 Jan.  Big grin

A respectable 5k: 2 attempts at 5k in Jan.  Both 21.02.  These things are all relative - but lets just say I'm not entirely happy Angry

However, I'm running another one tomorrow - 1st Feb.  January might end up being extended by a day!!

Nice work Jen!!  Hope the cold stays away.

You too Batensmack, thats a lot of good goal hitting.  I have absolutely no idea what Long John Silvers is - but I'm sure it was worth it!  And if you lost 5lbs anyway then no problem, right?