1500 Miles So Go Run

How many on The Bubble are making it past the Bunny! (Read 607 times)

As of today, it looks like I'm 20 miles behind.

I am so nailing this not-going-to-make-it strategy.

That's not the "Can Do" attitude that we need.

If you don't make the 1500 miles I'm removing you from my christmas card list.

Carl A

That's OK. I'm thinking of converting to Spaghetti Monsterism. (or is it Monsterity?)

MTA: google says pastafarianism. But further research also shows that I don't think I can really get down with it.

I suppose I will have to start working now for that Christmas card.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Its going to closer than I thought.  Back in Nov thought was a shoe in, but pretty beat up after Rocket City and now have been pretty sick the last few days.

A whopping 3 miles this week has me down to a 9 mile lead over the bunny  Have two weeks to get 50.4 miles, which normally two 25 mile weeks would be a walk in the park. but seems like a lot right now.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Imminent Catastrophe

I know how you feel Buckeye, I'm having a lot of trouble getting any kind of miles in. Today was absolutely horrible-but I did get in a slow, stiff, sore, miserable 6-miler. I SO wanted to quit. Still feeling Rocket City but I usually bounce back quicker. Only 26 miles to go but I'm traveling a lot so it might be tough. It'll  be right down to the wire.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

C-R

C'mon people! HTFU and get those miles under your belt already. You'll be glad you did.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Carl A

Its going to closer than I thought.  Back in Nov thought was a shoe in, but pretty beat up after Rocket City and now have been pretty sick the last few days.

A whopping 3 miles this week has me down to a 9 mile lead over the bunny  Have two weeks to get 50.4 miles, which normally two 25 mile weeks would be a walk in the park. but seems like a lot right now.

We'd better not risk another frontal assault; that rabbit's dynamite.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

We'd better not risk another frontal assault; that rabbit's dynamite.

I hear you ... Going to Sit and Kick this furry bi$%!   On Siesta Key and forced to logg onto the internet like those in he dark ages .... Dial Up   

That 56K is blazing Fast!

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Imminent Catastrophe

I think I'm going to make it!

(I didn't want to hit 1500 on the treadmill)

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

I hear you ... Going to Sit and Kick this furry bi$%!   On Siesta Key and forced to logg onto the internet like those in he dark ages .... Dial Up   

That 56K is blazing Fast!

Dialup? Crap, I think 2 tin cans and a string is faster.

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, I made it. 6.8 today put me over 1500 for the year, 100 for the month, and a personal record for most miles in a year. Pretty good considering I wasn't sure about making 2000 km at one point.

TIme for some rest.

Good job Perfesser!  For a brief moment I thought I might catch you.  Glad you fought through the injuries.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Congrats Prefessrer!

I have 23 miles and 5 days so should make it, even if I have to run a double on new years!

Been good for only 4 - 5 miles at a pop ... legs are good, but the post marathin cold/flu has still some lingering effects but think pulling out of it.

C-R

WTG Perfesser. Buckeye - nut up. Would Woody kick a field goal on fourth and goal at the two? No way. Punch it in.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

Congrats Prefessrer!

I have 23 miles and 5 days so should make it, even if I have to run a double on new years' eve!

Been good for only 4 - 5 miles at a pop ... legs are good, but the post marathin cold/flu has still some lingering effects but think pulling out of it.

Fixed.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to a clean start.

KvnJns

looking forward to a clean start.

Me too.

Congrats to everyone that made it this year and to those of you who still will over the next few days.

Kevin