1500 Miles So Go Run

March goals (Read 582 times)

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I don't know.  150?  or 170?  I'll be tapering for a half on the 28th.  I normally don't taper, but this race has an elevation change, is a warmer climate, and I will be at a conference....so jet lag, dehydration and poor nutrition all come into play.  I want to take a little easy the last week before the race.

Oh, and do well in my half.

AXes

Plan says 218.  Yikes.  I know that's nothing for the serious runners, but would be a personal high for me.

With that in mind:

1) Stay healthy.  Listen to body.

2) PR 4 miler

3) Find another tune-up race.  Anyone recommend a good Ohio area 10K - half in late March / early April?

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

What's a serious runner? Big grin

Ohio half: ORRRC half marathon -

http://www.orrrc.org/calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2011/04/03/250/-/ODE3NjU3ZGQxZTBkMmZjYTkzY2YzN2IxYmM4ZDVkODA=/orrrc-marathon-a-half-marathon.html

It's flat, not overly crowded, and not expensive.

1. 250 miles

2. 10k PR

3. Lose at least 2kg  [I was 59.3kg on 1 March and I want to be under 56kg by the time I do the marathon at the end of April]

AXes

What's a serious runner? Big grin

Let's see... 41+ miles of racing in the past two days.  If that doesn't qualify you as a serious runner, you may at least have a serious running problem. Wink   Way to get it done in some lousy weather this weekend. 

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

As my dear mom says anytime I tell her something is her problem (jokingly, of course)... "It's not my problem.  It's my solution." Big grin Had you seen me running the Frostbite 5 in a jester hat, serious is probably not the first word that would have come to mind.

Thanks for the kind words.  Was a good mileage weekend. Your 195+ mile month of Feb is impressive!

L2Run

RoadRunner

Run 175 miles and a 15K PR.  The PR will be easy... never ran a 15K before.

jeffdonahue

Didnt see one yet, so thought I'd start it.

Here's my goals for March:

200 miles

10 mile PR - hopefully sub-1:10 (PR is 1:14)

Okay, not sure I'm going to make the 200 miles because I'm going to take an easy week this week and last week was pretty low too.

but I did get my 10 mile PR and my sub 1:10 yesterday, coming in at 1:09:41 (well, official time was 1:09:46 but it took me 4-5 seconds to cross the start and my Garmin buzzed at 10 miles just as I crossed the finish in 1:09:41)

So I think I'll adjust my mileage  goals to 160 for now.

And really I got 3 PRs yesterday since my last10K and last 5 miles in that race were both faster than my PRs at those distances.  Big grin

Wow, Jeff, 3 birds with one stone!  Awesome job!!!

And really I got 3 PRs yesterday since my last10K and last 5 miles in that race were both faster than my PRs at those distances.  Big grin

Hmmmnn I have claimed that one before so I suppose we will let you have them Wink Big grin

It is a good feeling when that happens, well done.

Jerry
                        A runners blog-updated daily

1. 250 miles

2. 10k PR

3. Lose at least 2kg  [I was 59.3kg on 1 March and I want to be under 56kg by the time I do the marathon at the end of April]

1 - Fail.  227 miles

2 - Yay!! - 41.39 - PR by over a minute!

3 - Fail.  Half way though - 1kg down.  56kg for the marathon looking very unlikely now.

I don't know.  150?  or 170?  I'll be tapering for a half on the 28th.  I normally don't taper, but this race has an elevation change, is a warmer climate, and I will be at a conference....so jet lag, dehydration and poor nutrition all come into play.  I want to take a little easy the last week before the race.

Oh, and do well in my half.

160, I'll take it!   I had a pretty significant taper...and though I didn't PR...it was definitely a great race for me.  It was the hardest road race course I have ever run.

1. 237 miles which includes
                              2. 2 x 28 milers
                              3. 1 x 50 km map and compass event

hhmmmnn as predicted I drop slightly short to 221.6 miles and I got 1 x 28 mile run in and a 50km race but with 2 "ultras" in a month and one on Saturday I am well and truly happy with my month how about you guys?

Jerry
                              A runners blog-updated daily

#artbydmcbride

190 miles

March:             217.3 mi

Cool

Runners run