1500 Miles So Go Run

Arne (Read 244 times)

You're on a tear, man! What are you training for? Mississauga on May 11?
      You right! I am eating milage these days like snack! But it is not going to last long, Sunday is my last long run and then I can look forward to 3 weeks of tapering. I am heading down to Columbus Ohio for "Last chance for Boston" on Feb 17th. This is my last and final desperate attempt to Q for B. I have never been so close to the top in this group before and it is not going to happen again soon. Last year I got my 1500 around mid December so things will change. You are not doing to bad either,,,Missis?? Daddyo! your milage is down,,how is the knee?? I just want one more week of little or no snow. The cold weather is OK. No injuries please and keep those bugs away from me for 3 more weeks, I am prepared to spend weeks in bed after the race,,,with coke and choclate and chips....I am so hungry and my legs are sore. Cheers Arne
      Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>
        Good luck w the BQ, Arne!!
        2009: BQ?

Go Pre!

Daddyo! your milage is down,,how is the knee??
          YES - my mileage is down...but it is precautionary, I felt the tinge a couple of weeks ago, and the next day the tinge was , well, tingier Smile So I decided to rest. We are 18 weeks out from Ottawa and I will get back on track next week. It's too bad too because I was feeling great, aerobically up until then. My fast portions of runs felt like easy runs. It's the downhills that are getting me the most, and all of my favourite routes are hilly. I will be back soon. I will - I will - I will. Ottawa should be close to 3:30, and although I'd like to train for a BQ in the fall, I have gotten into NYC and I am not sure if I want to 'marr' that event with a BQ attempt Smile cheers D

Go Pre!

Oh ya,and I meant to say, Good LUck Arne! Please please please check the best before dates on those deli meats!!!!
              Thanks guys! Dont try to BQ in NYM. I did NYM in 2004, it was a reward to myself for starting running that year. After 10 M it is still my slowest M. But is is also alone on the top as a mindblowing experience. The event is so grand and the crowds are enormous. Lot and lots of fun. Not a place to give PB or BQ a try. More a place to run and party at the same time! Take care of your knee!!! Cheers Arne
              Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>

Go Pre!

No intentions of making a BQ attempt in NYC. Next year, maybe Mississauga, Maybe a 3rd run at Ottawa Smile Jesuz, I'd be happy to run regularly right now. I m sked'd for xray Monday and then, if needed, the long wait for MRI. After a poor outing yesterday, after the short rests, i realize I need a longer rest. So no more running for a while. Swimming, Yoga for the next while. *sniff*
                  Good luck Arne!!
                  http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                    Good luck, Arne. If your plans change and you run Mississauga let me know. Dave, glad to hear you're mending.