1500 Miles So Go Run

Rather quiet in here... (Read 552 times)

. 8F sucks. Can't wait for spring.
    I agree. I thinks its been 20 degrees or less with wind for the past couple of months. Last year February was bad but the weather was much better until then. I figure no more than a month left of very crappy running weather. Good luck for those with injuries.

#artbydmcbride

We've had a little raininess, and it was 52° here this morning! brrrrrrrrrr! But it should be up towards 80° by this Friday. Big grin

Runners run

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I agree. I thinks its been 20 degrees or less with wind for the past couple of months. Last year February was bad but the weather was much better until then. I figure no more than a month left of very crappy running weather. Good luck for those with injuries.
        Wow-- I hadn't even thought of the fact its only a month or so of winter until good running weather. You just made my day (especially with the snow/ice storm tomorrow and Wednesday).

Chris
        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Oh Mighty Wing

Wow-- I hadn't even thought of the fact its only a month or so of winter until good running weather. You just made my day (especially with the snow/ice storm tomorrow and Wednesday).
          but maybe you'll get to try out the YT!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

Go Pre!

I'm too bitter to be chatty. Sad Stupid calf.
            I woke up Sunday AM with a sore foot, both across the top and the arch. No precursor to it on Saturday. No pain at all after Saturday's run or that evening.... NO SIGNS. Weird. So I ran Sunday anyway cuz I am stupid and it felt good enough in the shoe to get through ther run. In the afternoon it was even more sore. Maybe some tendon troubles. Not sure. This morning, still bad, and now, no signs of improving. I have been feeling mentally shitty since it showed up, and feeling worse by the minute. Injuries are so depressing.

RunOregon blogger

Hi guys! I am new to this group. I just started using runningahead last fall so I didn't join a mileage group until this year. I'm in Portland, Ore. and love it here! No injuries for me right now, so I will send good wishes for those of you that are injured.
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

We've had a little raininess, and it was 52° here this morning! brrrrrrrrrr! But it should be up towards 80° by this Friday. Big grin
                Oooh, that's some wicked weather. Takes some real toughness to go out in that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

god that bunny is just on my ass. I guess I need to do my easy 6 miler today... yawn. Mornin' all.

I woke up Sunday AM with a sore foot, both across the top and the arch. No precursor to it on Saturday. No pain at all after Saturday's run or that evening.... NO SIGNS. Weird. So I ran Sunday anyway cuz I am stupid and it felt good enough in the shoe to get through ther run. In the afternoon it was even more sore. Maybe some tendon troubles. Not sure. This morning, still bad, and now, no signs of improving.
                    Well that sounds like new and improved extra strength suckness. I'll have to do a google search for cubicle-safe voodoo rituals for running injuries. Can't have open flames or animal sacrifices in the office, but I'll come up with something.

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Go Pre!

Well that sounds like new and improved extra strength suckness. I'll have to do a google search for cubicle-safe voodoo rituals for running injuries. Can't have open flames or animal sacrifices in the office, but I'll come up with something.
                      Excellent. It's better today, but I think I will hold off from running. Maybe some stationary biking IF I can find someone to go with seeing as stationary cycling could possibly be one of the most boring exercises one can do.
                        stationary cycling could possibly be one of the most boring exercises one can do.
                        I would have to agree. I've been riding a little bit to prep for rides to work in the spring. 10 minutes is all I can handle right now. Hope I never have to replace my running time with stationary bike time.

Go Pre!

I would have to agree. I've been riding a little bit to prep for rides to work in the spring. 10 minutes is all I can handle right now. Hope I never have to replace my running time with stationary bike time.
                          Mhy desire got the better of me. Headed to the gym. Decided to give the treadmill a shot, and if foot pain was bad, I'd head to the bike. Just had one of the best treadmill runs ever. Foot seems to have survived. So far....

jules2

Excellent. It's better today, but I think I will hold off from running. Maybe some stationary biking IF I can find someone to go with seeing as stationary cycling could possibly be one of the most boring exercises one can do.
                            I do about 20 minutes after each run as I have a duathlon looming, its so boring I don't even log it!

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

jules2

Made it, I'm just ahead of the pace bunny and only one place away from the second page, but for how long?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Made it, I'm just ahead of the pace bunny and only one place away from the second page, but for how long?
                                Come on Big J, a quick marathon on, say Sunday, and you will have second page status.

Jerry
                                A runners blog-updated daily