1500 Miles So Go Run

Rather quiet in here... (Read 552 times)

jules2

Come on Big J, a quick marathon on, say Sunday, and you will have second page status.
    Alas Jerry I already have a prior appointment on Sunday a 13 mile fell race, a marathon would be a soft option as I aim for quality miles not quantity. Now off to do some carb loading down the White Horse, any idea how many carbs you get per pint?.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

If I remember rightly, you are a bitter man, so about 170 Kcal per pint. I think a standard UK Friday night should allow you a required calorie intake of about 1700 Kcal.....good training, enjoy

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

jules2

I'm into cider now on the assumption it counts towards my five fruit a day. I took the amount of carbs you suggested last night, why is it the carbs in cider leave you with a headache and a mouth feeling like a badgers arse when the carbs in pasta don't?

Oh Mighty Wing

a mouth feeling like a badgers arse
          how do you know what this feels like??

jules2

Much as I'd like to reply I am aware animal rights activists trawl the net looking for targets so I will decline.

What? Don't you know? You're weird

Jerry
              A runners blog-updated daily

RunOregon blogger

Jerry your kitty emoticon is so cute! I just looked at my weekly log and realized I spent almost an entire workday (8 hours total) over the week, running. Is that normal?

A Saucy Wench

Jerry your kitty emoticon is so cute! I just looked at my weekly log and realized I spent almost an entire workday (8 hours total) over the week, running. Is that normal?
                  Yup!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I just looked at my weekly log and realized I spent almost an entire workday (8 hours total) over the week, running. Is that normal?
                    For normal people, no. Runners aren't normal people. Why be normal?

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Normal is overrated. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Just as I creep past the pace bunny for the first time this year and am only a mile or so from page 2 we get the worst weather for 18 years and I can't get out to run.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did you guys get socked with a ton of snow? C'mon...you can do it! Other than that, do you have access to a TM? Sometimes desperate (running) times call for desperate (running) measures!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Worse than a TM I have a TT ( turbo trainer ) it reminds me of a human version of a hampster wheel. Had a rest yesterday but looks like its the garage tonight.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Did you guys get socked with a ton of snow? C'mon...you can do it! Other than that, do you have access to a TM? Sometimes desperate (running) times call for desperate (running) measures!
                              Hi Kirsten - kind of embarassing to admit really considering what you have had to put up with (!!). We had about 6 - 8 inches fall overnight. Nothing really for you guys - but when you aren't prepared for it.... we only get this weather once every 10 - 20 years.

Oh Mighty Wing

hey 6-8 inches is alot!!! especially if you aren't use to it!!