1500 Miles So Go Run

12 people more than 187 miles behind the bunny ? (Read 864 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Perhaps the boot should be given to anyone not posting within a certain time frame, regardless of mileage. It's done on other boards to discourage lurkers.
    No, I don't think that's fair. Some people are just here for the pace bunny and couldn't give a rat's ass about the forum. As group owner, I oppose this. (And how the hell did I end up being the group owner? Confused )

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

C-R

As group owner, I oppose this. (And how the hell did I end up being the group owner? Confused )
      Payback for a past transgression with Scout's Mom most likely. As more of a lurker than a poster with eyes on >2k, it is confusing why you would drop anyone. I learn several good things from the discussions. I didn't think these groups were a "race" to see who's in first or on the first page. Shallow is a good descriptor. Now that I have posted in here for the month, do I get to stay through March?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

I'm guessing they are people who were members of the group last year or the year before and have fallen to injury or moved their log elsewhere and have forgotten to unsub. from this group. Really doesn't matter. They bother me far less than the people who are on pace to run over 2k miles for the year and still stubbornly hang here hogging up the first page. *shrugs*
        HEY. I'm here for the pretty people and the osterguserduckbaken

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Think Whirled Peas

I felt that was group name-changing worthy.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm here to you happy. (I'm one of the pretty people.) Roll eyes

Bring it on.

anneb

HEY. I don't care if I'm ahead of the pace bunny for now, I ran just under 1000 miles last year and 1500 is my stretch goal. Smile Oh, and I am new and now I am off the hook 'cuz I posted, right? Never mind, I'm not even on the first page anymore! Heh.

Anne

A Saucy Wench

I'm here to you happy. (I'm one of the pretty people.) Roll eyes
                Well I didnt think you were the osterguserduckbakenWink unless you were offering to cook me one.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

Me too (though I have no idea what oster.....baken is Big grin but it sounds yummy) I am just here because I have just never been that swampy a person so I prefered this forum to the 2000 mile forum. If I could keep the forum but take my name off the totals I would (just for you Zoomy). Though I must say the swamp itself seems to be less swampy lately - actually had some useful and helpful posts lately. I wonder what happened.
                  jeffdonahue

Oops, double post
                      ... Though I must say the swamp itself seems to be less swampy lately - actually had some useful and helpful posts lately. I wonder what happened.
                      IMHO the Swamp has become too cliquee (?), too many in-jokes among the more regular posters and too elitist and esoteric among some of the stronger characters, I lurk there now and I wouldn't be surprised if others do too. Just saying.

Jerry
                      A runners blog-updated daily

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Me too (though I have no idea what oster.....baken is Big grin but it sounds yummy) I am just here because I have just never been that swampy a person so I prefered this forum to the 2000 mile forum. If I could keep the forum but take my name off the totals I would (just for you Zoomy).
                        Ok, I'm changing my mind, then...everyone should stay! Big grin Eventually I'd also like to hit 2k in a year (maybe next year...this year's goal is 1750, so midway between 1500 and 2k). I'm not fond of the Swamp as a mileage destination, though, either.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

i'm just here cause i want to be in as many groups as zoomy. Tongue actually i'm using this and the 2K group to judge how i'm doing. And I figure if I don't hit one I might hit the other.
                          jeffdonahue

Ok, I'm changing my mind, then...everyone should stay! Big grin Eventually I'd also like to hit 2k in a year (maybe next year...this year's goal is 1750, so midway between 1500 and 2k). I'm not fond of the Swamp as a mileage destination, though, either.
                            Hey Zoomy, maybe when you decide to go for the 2000, we'll just create our own non-Swampy 2000 mile group Wink
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey Zoomy, maybe when you decide to go for the 2000, we'll just create our own non-Swampy 2000 mile group Wink
                              I'm totally down with that! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

"2000 miles of not the Swamp"?