1500 Miles So Go Run

Marathon training... (Read 1101 times)

Go Pre!

_________________________________________________________ Next Up... CarmelRunner Indianapolis Oct 18th BadDawg Baystate in Lowell, MA Oct 19th Daddyo Toronto Oct 19th Jeffdonahue Baystate in Lowell, MA Oct 19th Hopeful4ever Detroit Oct 19th Mississippi Grand Rapids Oct 19th _________________________________________________________
    Good luck CR (sorry, a bit late on that one) Good luck BadDawg - BQ BQ! Good luck me God luck Jeff! Good luck Hopeful! Goodluck Mississippi! Did I miss anone??? HAve a great weekend all
    C-R

Thanks for the shout out everyone. Ran a good race for me. Lots of RA PRs thins weekend. Just proof positive that this place has lots of great runners that support each other with some good humor. Good luck to everyone with their upcomming races.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks for the support! If you need some reading material to help you fall asleep tonight here is a link to my very long first marathon report: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/PDP/Forum/2f0493f5fea1467f950b7f17270745d0 Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Into the wild

I LOVED your report Mary. You're honesty, your courage, your race. Well done on your first 26.2.

Shut up and run

Good luck Johnny and Dave, looking forward to a couple of new report links. Give 'em hell! Smile

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Thanks for the support! If you need some reading material to help you fall asleep tonight here is a link to my very long first marathon report: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/PDP/Forum/2f0493f5fea1467f950b7f17270745d0 Cheers!
              This was quite the weekend for GREAT race reports (mikeymike, POQ, seeEricaRun, etc) and yours certainly falls into that category. Thanks for posting the link! Here's my favorite part:
              By mile 21 I was really missing my Husband and needed to see him. The next cheering spot was mile 23 and that is too long in between spots (10 miles). I started getting choked up just thinking of two more miles before I would see them. Finally – I can see the red shirt and I make sure I’m running when I get there.
              Unless you've run one of these things, it's hard to imagine just how much it helps to have friendly faces out there. And I love the idea of the first time bib, I think more marathons should do it. Very well done, congrats!

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Into the wild

Good luck Johnny and Dave, looking forward to a couple of new report links. Give 'em hell! Smile
                Thanks Dawg Big grin Getting a bit wibbly at the moment Black eye

Shut up and run

Dave

Thanks, getting ready to go over and get the race packet now. Johnny, there are a few RA'ers getting together after the race at the Reston Runners "area" at the finish. Look for a little flag next to a big tree between the finish chute and the Netherlands Carillon.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks Dawg!! Thank you too Johnny and good luck this weekend!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Go Pre!

Good job this weekend boys - PRs...nice.
                        Good job this weekend boys - PRs...nice.
                        +1, well done gentlemen. Smile

E.J.

Dave

Thanks, guys. The stories of the winners was pretty compelling as well. Both first time marathoners (male and female winners). It was a beautiful day.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Queen of 3rd Place

The stories of the winners was pretty compelling as well. Both first time marathoners (male and female winners).
                            First time and a win - makes my head spin. Arla

Ex runner

Dave

Arla, Here's the article from the Washington Post. Good stuff.. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/10/26/ST2008102601721.html

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Into the wild

Johnny, there are a few RA'ers getting together after the race at the Reston Runners "area" at the finish. Look for a little flag next to a big tree between the finish chute and the Netherlands Carillon.
                                Dave, just got back tonight from my trip. My marathon was in the UK Smile It would have been nice to meet up, who knows....maybe some time. John

Shut up and run