1500 Miles So Go Run

Racing Weekly (Read 361 times)

Who is up for a Racing Weekly thread similar to other long distance forums?

All we need is:

1. Race Name
    2. Race Distance
    3. Time Goal

At the end of the week one of the entrants will win the prize. The prize goes to the person who has done one hell of a HTFU race and in the view of the judges (at the moment my cat Oliver but he is looking for other volunteers) has excelled in some way.

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Just a dude.

Well, if you want... sure...

Saturday, June 10th

Western States Masters Invitational

Davis, Ca.

1 mile race.

Goal: 5:15

-Kelly

(maybe if I am the only one racing one week I can win an 8 ball... Doing 1500s and 5ks pretty much makes it impossible compared to the long distance types...  )

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Seanv2

I don't race often, but I'd be interested in reading others results.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

C-R

Nice Jerry. I'm in. No racing this weekend for me but I'll join when I am. Different thread for each week I suppose?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm in too. I race a lot so this will be perfect for me. This weekend my goal race is the North Island Xc Championships on Saturday (that's today by now over here by the way!). Distance is 5k. Time goal roughly 23.30. Also hoping depending on who turns up to maybe place in my age group. I'm also running an off road half marathon on Sunday but that's just a fast training run!

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, if you want... sure...

Saturday, June 10th

Western States Masters Invitational

Davis, Ca.

1 mile race.

Goal: 5:15

-Kelly

(maybe if I am the only one racing one week I can win an 8 ball... Doing 1500s and 5ks pretty much makes it impossible compared to the long distance types...  )

I have never in my life run a mile in 5:15. 

My next is the Devil Mountain Trail Half Marathon (I had planned the 50k but poop happened). My goal is to finish without re-injuring my foot which is still recovering. 

Traveling halfway across the country for a HM might seem strange but I had planned to run the 50k, we already had reservations and time off work and besides, it's a nice time to get out of the hot, steamy South. A nice trail run in Colorado sounds pretty good right now.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

PerfesserR, I'll add your race to the July 12 to July 18 thread on Monday

Jerry

C-R

Jerry - didn't see a 12-18 thread. Ran a XC 5k on the 13th. Goal was sub 21 - got 20:58. It was hot and running on grass sure is harder than pavement.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Norm, I pinned it to the top of the forum but will happily add your epic <21 to the thread

Jerry

C-R

Norm, I pinned it to the top of the forum but will happily add your epic <21 to the thread

Doh.

Glad it wasn't a snake or I would have never seen the bit. I'll post in there.

xhristopher

How's the racing weekly gong? Is anyone handing out the balls for the last two weeks? Let's get some momentum. Anyone with a race this weekend or a completed race this week? I'm self awarding myself a big set of cojones for cutting my adult 5K pr by 60 seconds in six weeks and crushing my goal by almost 40 seconds.