1500 Miles So Go Run

I am happy... (Read 476 times)

#artbydmcbride

Hooray, Jerry!  You are getting better all of the time.  Smile

Runners run

HappyFeat

I am happy because my ankle sprain of Tuesday has turned out to be minor. After 4 days of RICE, I ran 6 miles slow and easy this morning with no pain or problem with the ankle. Whew! I'm signed up for a 5K trail race tomorrow and am happy I can still participate in it - although I plan to be cautious.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

...because I took 11+ minutes off my marathon PR at the Flying Pig today!

...and because JW Dundee's Porter is a delicious beer. Smile

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

11 minutes!!!!! Frigging hell, that is something to celebrate well done. I thought shaving 2 minutes off mine was a lot. Have another porter for me

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

11 minutes!!!!! Frigging hell, that is something to celebrate well done. I thought shaving 2 minutes off mine was a lot. Have another porter for me

Thanks, Jerry!  I had, well, let's say an extra porter Smile.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
            Emil Zatopek