1500 Miles So Go Run

This forum is Slow. Is it the Summer Doldrums? What keeps you going when it's hot... (Read 459 times)

For me, its the love of sweat.... Big grin. Plus, its nice to run with a minimal amount of clothing. Just me, my skin, a few pieces of cloth and mother nature...God it great to be alive. Clowning around Clowning around PS - I just love the feel of the heat on me and I can always think back the the days when I was freezing my ASS off.... Shocked
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

PS - I just love the feel of the heat on me and I can always think back the the days when I was freezing my ASS off.... Shocked
      The heat slows me down a lot, but at least I know my footing will be sure and I don't fear frostbite or frozen snotsicles. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

I like getting up nice n early...it's not too hot but still warm enough to enjoy the runs by the lake. Or, late evening runs as it is cooling off. If it is too hot, I take it real easy and enjoy the sights while they are less blurry Smile
          It's still in the low 60's when I run. I'm not going to complain about being cold because I know that July and August will bring the heat. I do love running early in the morning and feeling that early morning sun warming me up. Big grin Although, what with June gloom and all, I won't be seeing that for a while either.

Jennifer mm#1231

Early morning running. Breaking a good sweat before the sun comes up. Finishing a run just as the sun breaks the horizon in the East, and taking in a gorgerous sunrise as I stretch and cool down.
              What keeps me going is what will happen if I DON"T run in the heat! I've got races planned over the summer and I would DIE if I tried to run them without getting some hot running done. Last race was in the 90's.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Go Pre!

Last race was in the 90's.
                You haven;t raced in over 7 years???? oh....90 degrees....ignore me
                  You haven;t raced in over 7 years???? oh....90 degrees....ignore me
                  LMAO!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Go Pre!

Cool Couldn't resist
                      It's still in the low 60's when I run.
                      Wow. It's in the low 100's when I run. Yeah, viva Las Vegas!
                      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                        yeah. and I'm still running in long sleeve shirts. Inlanders are definitely sweating. It's probably 10-15 degrees warmer a couple more miles inland. We have an average year round temp of 65 here on the coast...

Jennifer mm#1231

yeah. and I'm still running in long sleeve shirts. Inlanders are definitely sweating. It's probably 10-15 degrees warmer a couple more miles inland. We have an average year round temp of 65 here on the coast...
                          I LOVE your average year round temp!!!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I LOVE your average year round temp!!!
                            Ditto! Last Aug. I visited a friend who lives in El Segundo...she is only a mile or so from the ocean. It was GORGEOUS when we were there. Though the day we ventured into LA/Hollywood it was MUCH warmer. I would LOVE to be able to live in Cali and run near the beach...always comfy temps. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jeffrey

Chilly 56 on my run last night ... and 55 in Seattle right now! We have moderate running temps here ... now if I could just get it to stop being so WINDY. We get hammered with some heat in July and August too. If it is hot outside I run near the ocean -- the air coming off the water helps cool me off! Smile

Go Pre!

Even in the Great White North we are enduring 90+ temps! Humid temps too Dead