1500 Miles So Go Run

Thames Path 100 (Read 259 times)

So the big one is coming up this weekend, The Thames Path 100 mile race which starts in Richmond, London, England to run along the River Thames tp Oxford. I would like to do it in under 24 hours but I will be happy just to finish and equally tough as I am doing by myself relying on the CP's and camradery of my fellow runners

My training hasn't gone quite to plan what with me pulling out of the Moonlight Challenge (33 mile)  due to worsening weather conditions (-10 C after wind chill) but overall I have had some very consistent training with a good mix of distance and quality training which is all about getting some solid work under my belt as I prepare mentally for the Grand Union Canal Run (145 mile) in June.

If you guys are interested and want to see how slowly I am doing you can watch the updates throughout the weekend at:

TP100 Live feed

The race starts at 10.00am on Saturday and I am runner 121 (Jeremy Smallwood)

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

#artbydmcbride

Wow!   Will you stash drop bags along the way with dry socks and food?   

Good luck (you crazy)   Smile

Runners run

Yes, there are 13 aid stations in all and I am able to leave drop bags at 4 of them at miles 28, 51, 71 and 91. I have found some shoe bags for £1 which I will stash socks, gels, toothbrush, vaseline, foot powder and treats. I can just throw them in the garbage after so I do not have to worry about collecting them after. We will be treated with 5 hot food stations (one being the end)

Jerry

#artbydmcbride

If you are anything like me you will need 1st aid items too: bandaids, moleskin, duct tape and antibiotic cream.

So exciting, I will definietely track you.

Runners run

Cool as I was going to stash some Duct tape as my heels always go, band aids and cream are in my ever present first aid kit..... most important thing will be stashed in the very last bag at the finish....a bottle of cider

Jerry

#artbydmcbride

Good luck, Jerry!  Smile as often as possible!  Smile

Runners run

Awesome Jerry, I will be tracking and can't wait to hear about it.  Sounds like an awesome experience.  You are a bit nuts though.  Smile

JDehlinger

What a shame that the website has been down all day! Sad

What a shame that the website has been down all day! Sad

Frustrating, I don't think they were ready for such interest as it went down after 5 hours.

I am back safe (ish) having completed it in 27 hours under some horrendous conditons snow, rain, wind, sunshine and MUD, quite pleased with that.

Jerry

JDehlinger

Awesome, congrats!

#artbydmcbride

Hooray!  Congratulations!   Smile

Runners run