1500 Miles So Go Run

Bad Dawg - what the hell is wrong with you? (Read 331 times)

Go Pre!

Saturday = 29 mile run, 4 hours, 8 minute miles Sunday 5K race, not your best time, but still, seriously, when did you go all elite on us????? MTA - typo on the 39-29!
      Saturday = 39 29 mile run, 4 hours, 8 minute miles Sunday 5K race, not your best time, but still, seriously, when did you go all elite on us?????
      Fixed it for ya, it was only 29 miles on Sunday. I wish I was an elite, I just ran hard so I could get out of the rain. It was just me and some ducks and geese, nobody else was crazy enough to be out. I figure this is my one shot to BQ or die trying. I'm in my taper now, and thank God my legs are feeling pretty good. I figured I would do the Kerouac 5K as a recovery slog, it's one of my favorite post race parties and I would have hated to miss it. Felt surprisingly good once I loosened up a couple of creaky parts. Personally, I'm more impressed with your maniacal marathon schedule. Best of luck to you Daddyo, I'm very much looking forward to your reports. MTA: Eric can't afford the bandwidth for me to detail the things that are wrong with me. Clowning around

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Go Pre!

Still, 29 miles in 4:08 is a great run. I am looking forward to hearing about your BQ after your next report! Let's hope I recover in time for the next marathon, less than 3 weeks as I would like to go hard again. The one after that I will run to complete. and the 4th is a month after that so only time will tell what I have in me! Keep up the good running Ed!
          that was stupid. Tongue my taper last week was almost as bad...just not as stupid. Clowning around

Jennifer mm#1231

that was stupid. Tongue my taper last week was almost as bad...just not as stupid. Clowning around
            Was that your first 50K? Where's your race report? Enquiring minds want to know.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

yes, my first 50k. it was 32.9 long hard miles of falling and getting back up. But really fun. in a sick sorta way. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

yes, my first 50k. it was 32.9 long hard miles of falling and getting back up. But really fun. in a sick sorta way. Big grin
                Glad you changed your post, it certainly wasn't boring. Nice run, and nice result. With that much elevation gain and loss combined with that distance, you must have been exhausted. It does sound fun in a sick way, I love reading the ultra threads (particularly Lynn's) and the possibility seems to be lurking in the back of my mind much like my first marathon did. Maybe someday. Thanks for sharing the report. Smile

E.J.