1500 Miles So Go Run

Back to work (Read 248 times)

Ugh back to work next week after being off since the week before Christmas for the birth of my twins Cry Will have to see how fitting 40+ work week, running and twins will do to my sleep(which is non-existant at the moment). And a fyi, taking care of 1 baby 12 years ago was a breeze 2 baby's and I am ready to pull my hair out in the middle of the night. Well worth it though just hope i can make it through the year Smile
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good luck, Mark. I was so hugely preggers (had bad edema and excess amniotic fluid, so I looked extra big) that people would *joke* about me having twins. It was seriously my worst nightmare (after something being wrong with the baby, of course).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Good luck!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Oh wow, good luck! I hope adjusting comes easily for you. Just remember, sleep is overrated! Tongue They'll be plenty of time to sleep when the babies are older. Big grin

Michelle

Dave

Good luck, Mark. What a blessing that you were able to take off all that time (6 weeks?). One of the guys I work with has natural quads that just turned 1. You can make it. I think its the terrible 2's and 3's that will be the biggest challenge Zoomie, nice photo in that other thread. Especially liked the feet Shocked

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomie, nice photo in that other thread. Especially liked the feet Shocked
              Yeah, my feets looked like raw bratwursts...felt pretty numb, too. I actually have a stretch mark on my right foot--who gets stretch-marked feet?! Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

Good luck, Mark. What a blessing that you were able to take off all that time (6 weeks?). One of the guys I work with has natural quads that just turned 1. You can make it. I think its the terrible 2's and 3's that will be the biggest challenge Zoomie, nice photo in that other thread. Especially liked the feet Shocked
                I could not even begin to imagine quads!!!! Twins is way more than a handful. Peyton is doing pretty good but is a little snuggle bug and loves being held (also eats like a horse) and Cara is having gas issues we think so gets quite fussy during feedings at least most of the times. They are both gaining weight quite well at least Smile I just hope the little buggers can let daddy get a bit of sleep at least at the end of April so i can be well rested for the hm in Indy. Oh on a side note mt goal for the hm is 2 hrs and last night I ran a 9:24 pace for 10 miles with 6 being at 9:05 pace for my race pace run Big grin It was on a treadmill which usually seems a bit harder than outside for me with all the sweating and boredom going on. Wife has been more than great with letting me still run but as i said will have to see how it goes starting next week.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh on a side note mt goal for the hm is 2 hrs and last night I ran a 9:24 pace for 10 miles with 6 being at 9:05 pace for my race pace run Big grin It was on a treadmill which usually seems a bit harder than outside for me with all the sweating and boredom going on.
                  You're gonna do fantastically! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

I could not even begin to imagine quads!!!! Twins is way more than a handful. Peyton is doing pretty good but is a little snuggle bug and loves being held (also eats like a horse) and Cara is having gas issues we think so gets quite fussy during feedings at least most of the times. They are both gaining weight quite well at least Smile I just hope the little buggers can let daddy get a bit of sleep at least at the end of April so i can be well rested for the hm in Indy. Oh on a side note mt goal for the hm is 2 hrs and last night I ran a 9:24 pace for 10 miles with 6 being at 9:05 pace for my race pace run Big grin It was on a treadmill which usually seems a bit harder than outside for me with all the sweating and boredom going on. Wife has been more than great with letting me still run but as i said will have to see how it goes starting next week.
                    Hey! I'll be at Indy too! I'm also planning on sub-2hrs. Started my training this week, and so far so good! One of my running partners has twins and he says that the first year was TOUGH. But after that, it continues to get easier. Of course, he didn't have the experience of raising one first, so he doesn't have anything to compare it to! Knowing what raising one is like, I worried that we were going to have twins w/our second pregnancy. You've (literally! ) got your hands full. Congrats on the twins and good luck w/your training. Keep us posted on how it's going, 'cause we'll be pulling for ya!!!!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Hey! I'll be at Indy too! I'm also planning on sub-2hrs. Started my training this week, and so far so good! One of my running partners has twins and he says that the first year was TOUGH. But after that, it continues to get easier. Of course, he didn't have the experience of raising one first, so he doesn't have anything to compare it to! Knowing what raising one is like, I worried that we were going to have twins w/our second pregnancy. You've (literally! ) got your hands full. Congrats on the twins and good luck w/your training. Keep us posted on how it's going, 'cause we'll be pulling for ya!!!!
                      Glancing at your running log poq I hope you are shooting for 1:45 at least. You have some great times in already in training. Am excited about the Indy race since it will be my first!! A little nervous about it being so big but i know 2 others running in it so hoping that will help. Might talk myself into a 5 or 10 k before it though if time issues work out.