1500 Miles So Go Run

October Goals!! (Read 271 times)

jeffdonahue

Okay, so here are my goals for this month - neither of which I'm sure I'll hit.

• 189.4 miles (this will bring my lifetime streak miles up to 10,000 - streak itself will hit 1767 days at the end of the month)

• 2-3 days of weight training a week (including core work - my core is weak right now and I can really feel it).

I am still trying to figure out a work/kids carpool/soccer/workout schedule that will keep my mileage up.  I did hit 189 miles last month so that wasnt too bad though.  I might have to start getting some doubles in at night when I can.

Run another half marathon and have fun.

"Train" for flying monkey marathon.

Increased miles from last month without increased injuries.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Got a 30 mile race on 21st October going to see if I can get a  sub 4:30

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

#artbydmcbride

Let's see if the summer of training will pay off.  Cool

Runners run

jeffdonahue

Okay, we're only 10 days into October and I already need to scrap probably both of my goals.  Work has been crazy and I havent been able to get out at lunch, and dont see that changing any time soon.  For the next two weeks, I have to drive the kids to school because my wife is working, and since she leaves at 5:30 I don't get up early enough to get a decent run in before work.  My runs will more than likely be after work, after kids' soccer practices, after helping with homework, and just wont be that long because I have no motivation to run at night.

New goal - keep my streak alive and get a mile a day in for the next two weeks.  My feet and ankles could use the rest anyway.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Okay, we're only 10 days into October and I already need to scrap probably both of my goals.  Work has been crazy and I havent been able to get out at lunch, and dont see that changing any time soon.  For the next two weeks, I have to drive the kids to school because my wife is working, and since she leaves at 5:30 I don't get up early enough to get a decent run in before work.  My runs will more than likely be after work, after kids' soccer practices, after helping with homework, and just wont be that long because I have no motivation to run at night.

New goal - keep my streak alive and get a mile a day in for the next two weeks.  My feet and ankles could use the rest anyway.

Soccer practice = 1 Run

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

jeffdonahue

Soccer practice = 1 Run

Unfortunately, not according the USRSA (www.runeveryday.com) - it has to be a continuous mile.

Increased miles from last month without increased injuries.

Already decreased miles due to an injury.  Grrrrrr!

I'm a little late, but my plans were a sub 2 half and to run Chicago and Marine Corps marathons.

Ran a 2:00:13 today on a course will a few hills, so, I'm OK(ish Roll eyes) with it.

Chicago, check! Got a PR

next up, MCM.

My mileage has tanked though...I feel like I'm in a constant state of taper and recovery. Looking forward to more normal mileage next month.

Sorry 'bout your injury Cassie! Hope it heals quick.

Congrats on your PR, Jen, and good luck at Marine Corps!

Thanks, it's improving.  Ran the Detroit half yesterday with a friend, and it is a little tender today but not terrible.

jeffdonahue

Revamping my goals once again.  I am pretty sure I have a sports hernia right now from playing over 40 soccer.  I played through it at yesterdays game but by the end it was pretty painful.  Then I exacerbated the situation by working in my yard yesterday and renting a jackhammer to break up some concrete.  Pain was so bad I hardly slept last night and am now just barely able to walk with minimal pain (if I walk really really slowly).

So new goal is to try to keep my 1 mile/day running super slow and easy.  this will also be my goal for November and probably December as well.  So I am thinking

9 more miles in October - 9 runs

30 miles in November - 30 runs

31 miles in December - 31 runs.

January 2013 - maybe start running some normal mileage again

However, I have told myself that if the pain doesnt start to at least subside within a week, I will think about ending my streak and just take a few months off completely.  That would suck and I would hate it, but I am trying to avoid surgery right now and I really wanted to run a PR marathon next year.

xhristopher

Revamping my goals once again.  I am pretty sure I have a sports hernia right now from playing over 40 soccer.  I played through it at yesterdays game but by the end it was pretty painful.  Then I exacerbated the situation by working in my yard yesterday and renting a jackhammer to break up some concrete.  Pain was so bad I hardly slept last night and am now just barely able to walk with minimal pain (if I walk really really slowly).

So new goal is to try to keep my 1 mile/day running super slow and easy.  this will also be my goal for November and probably December as well.  So I am thinking

9 more miles in October - 9 runs

30 miles in November - 30 runs

31 miles in December - 31 runs.

January 2013 - maybe start running some normal mileage again

However, I have told myself that if the pain doesnt start to at least subside within a week, I will think about ending my streak and just take a few months off completely.  That would suck and I would hate it, but I am trying to avoid surgery right now and I really wanted to run a PR marathon next year.

Sorry to hear this Jeff. Blame yard work, not soccer. I hope it's getting better. Is soccer season over?

jeffdonahue

Sorry to hear this Jeff. Blame yard work, not soccer. I hope it's getting better. Is soccer season over?

No, there are still two more games left, but I've already told them I wont be playing.  Today, I can walk (really slowly) with almost no pain.  which is actually a big jump from yesterday when every step hurt.

Ugh.  Sorry to hear that Jeff.  Do what you've got to do to get better.  Injuries suck.

I am way late to post to this.  My goal was to return to running every day, start doing doubles, and crack 200 miles for the month.

Well, I've run for the past 26 days, so that's a start to that.

I've done doubles twice a week for two weeks--and I've never ran before work before, so that's something big for me, mentally.  I like it far more than I thought I would.

And I broke 200 monthly miles yesterday.  It feels fantastic to be healthy again.

And jeff, I really hope to hear good news about you healing up soon.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                                Emil Zatopek