1500 Miles So Go Run

January is DONE - How did you do? (Read 320 times)

Well 160+ miles in one month. Man, I didn't expect that. Shocked However, it is a great start to the new year. Definitely thinking of a spring marathon, but I really can't decide if I want to go through that 20 to 26 mile grind. I really like the everyday run, with an occasional 12 - 15 miler. I really don't want to mess that up with a poor marathon that puts me in a recovery rut for a month afterward. Anyway, how did your January go? Are you happy with the pace your on? Share your thoughts..... Big grin
    Jill_B

I fly.

143.4 I'm very happy with my mileage. I think it's a great start to the year. I just can't believe that January is over. Man, this year is going to go fast. Now if only I could find the time to buy new sneakers.

Bring it on.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Only 86.2... I'm behind. I lost almost a full week due to a respiratory infection... Dead (Which I've not completely kicked, come to think of it... :rollSmile I also changed my training from fewer, longer days (counting miles) to more, shorter days (and counting time). That's thrown me off a bit, but I'm not expecting a long-term problem. It'll get better.

Roads were made for journeys...

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I shouldn't even be here anymore. 51.9 miles, all but 2.5 are done in the first week of the year. I'm forbidden to run and I don't know when I can start again. When I do, watch out bunny!
          Wingz

Professional Noob

When I do, watch out bunny!
            Which one? Wink You must be so frustrated about that sciatica by now... Sad Are you allowed to cross-train? Perhaps there's a duathalon in your future? (Since I don't think bunnies swim very much... Wink )

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

164 ... my best ever month. My style with these things is to get a 'safety buffer' so when injury etc kicks in I'll still be in with a chance to 'beat the bunny'. I reckon I'll start to struggle now as work prevents me from running as often as I would like. Well done everyone - it is great to have a challenge, Neil

Running ... just keep running!

eshep

Congrats to everyone who met or exceded their goals so far! For those who haven't, the year has just begun. We still have 11 months left to go! It's all about consistency, not who has the most miles at the end of January. This was my first 200 mile month since I was running in my early 20s! Right now, my schedule is pretty flexible so I can basically run whenever and however much I want to. I have been continually building my base and logging a lot of miles while I have this luxury. Things at work will change in a couple of months and I won't have this kind of time so I will probably be dropping by the wayside as well. Good luck to everyone!
                  Wingz, Only 86.2.., What a great start. I can remember,and it wasn't too long ago, 5 miles in a month would have been out of the question for me. Sorry you were ill, but it sure is nice when you can say "only" when speaking of putting in that many miles.
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

True. Last year at this time my main goal was to run all Febuary with averaging 9 miles/week. Which would have been 36 miles/month. How our standards change!

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Which one? Wink You must be so frustrated about that sciatica by now... Sad Are you allowed to cross-train? Perhaps there's a duathalon in your future? (Since I don't think bunnies swim very much... Wink )
                      I don't miss it terribly yet. I think I'm at the tail end of a binge though. Now I have so much more time to do other stuff besides running. One more week of therapy and the people telling me to not run won't be there anymore. For some reason, I still think the pain will still be there.
                      LydiaT

January was, I hope, my worst month for the year. I broke my toe 4 weeks and 2 days ago. I have run on it. But I'm in pain every step and then my foot swells so much it's hard to walk. I never thought a toe could cause so much trouble. Here's to a better month with longer days and lots of sunshine!
                          136.6 for January Smile Here's to a great running February! Cool
                          2009: BQ?
                          Regina

January was fine - 280 km! But February started really bad - first I caught a cold and couldn't breathe. Then I got sick and couldn't eat anything for three days this week. I think I looked more or less like this: Dead So I couldn't run until today. But now I'm back! I tried this afternoon. My legs felt still a little bit weak, but it worked. I've cancelled the race that I planned for tomorrow - 4k cross-country. Next week there will be another one ... The rest of this month can only be better, right? Yes
                            Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Right. Smile

Running ... just keep running!